Associate/Assistant Prof. in Arabic Language
Associate/Assistant Prof. in Arabic Language
Location - Doha,QA
Arabic for Non Native Speakers Program
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the national institution of higher education in Qatar. It provides high quality undergraduate and graduate programs that prepare competent graduates, destined to shape the future of Qatar. The university community has diverse and committed faculty that teaches and conduct research, which addresses relevant local and regional challenges, advances knowledge, and contributes actively to the needs and aspirations of society.
Qatar University is an intellectual and scholarly community characterized by open discussion, the free exchange of ideas, respectful debate, and a commitment to rigorous inquiry. All members of the University - faculty, staff, and students- are expected to advance the scholarly and social values embodied by the university.
The College of Arts and Sciences(CAS) houses eleven departments, covering a wide range of undergraduate specializations in the Arts and Sciences including English Literature & Linguistics and Arabic Language, Humanities, Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, International Affairs, Policy, Planning & Development, Statistics, Chemistry, Mass Communication, Biological Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Material Science, and Sports Science. The College also houses five graduate programs in Environmental Sciences, Gulf Studies, Material Science, statistics, and Arabic Language. Additionally, the College offers a Program of Arabic for Non- Native Speakers. Also, the newly established three research centers namely Center for Social Science and Humanities, Center for Sustainable Development, and Gulf Studies Center.
It is worth mentioning that as members of QU, CAS faculty members have excellent opportunities to secure intramural and extramural funding for their research ideas. Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF) is major source of research funding, with individual project funding limit exceeding 1 million/project (5million exceptional projects) along with student research funding programs. As the national and largest University in the country, Qatar University is the recipient of most of QNRF awards, with many research- active faculty members able to win multiple grants.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Participate in the committees (academic or the community service committees) at the University and the Centre.
2. Teaching Arabic Lang.(courses) for Non-Native Speakers.
3. Contribute to various committees at
the Centre, College, and University level 4. Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of the Centre
Duties Candidates are expected to:
1. Bring innovation to instruction.
2. Engage in outstanding scholarly activities leading to national, regional and international recognition.
1.Ph. D. in the Arabic language
2. Minimum five years experience in teaching Arabic as a second lang.in the higher education sector
3. Demonstrate good written and oral English skills.
4. Demonstrate evidence of, or potential for service and scholarly activity.
5. Familiar with educational pedagogies in higher education sector including competencies in the use of technology
6. Willingness to work with teams
7. Awareness of working with people from diverse backgrounds
1. Current Curriculum Vitae.
2. Cover letter.
3. Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
4. Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
5. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
6. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
1. A three-year renewable contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Tax-free salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
6. Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
9. End-of-contract indemnity.