Accreditation, Planning and Quality Assurance Manager
3 days left
- Full Time
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
In the Faculty of Business and Economics we are highly engaged with the world around us, applying our knowledge to make a positive impact. Working with our corporate partners, students and alumni, we create and share research that addresses business and societal challenges. We attract independent thinkers from all corners of the globe and draw on our international connections to improve the lives of communities worldwide. Our courses are recognised by key industry bodies and include the country's longest-running and most highly regarded actuarial studies and finance programs.
The Curriculum and Quality Assurance Office is responsible for the curriculum management, development and accreditation, quality assurance and external benchmarking for the Faculty. It is also responsible for ensuring that the Faculty's programs are consistent with University program objectives and for the implementation of the University / Faculty's strategies for quality assurance and enhancement.
The Faculty of Business and Economics is currently seeking a suitably qualified Accreditation, Planning and Quality Assurance Manager. Reporting to the Associate Dean, Accreditation and Quality Assurance you will:
- Manage the Faculty's accreditations and quality assurance framework and align with Faculty and Macquarie University strategy.
- Identify gaps between Faculty standards and accreditation standards and where gaps are identified, make recommendations and implement solutions to achieve accreditation standards.
- Build and manage relationships with key representatives from AACSB and other AACSB related networks to build support in meet accreditation objectives.
- Collaborate with Faculty Executive to integrate University strategy into Faculty program objectives.
- Project manage Faculty, Department and program reviews.
- Manage, mentor and set direct for the Accreditation, Planning and Quality Assurance Officer.
To be considered for this position, applicants must respond to the selection criteria below and attach as a separate document in the application process.
- A relevant postgraduate qualification or equivalent work experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including experience preparing executive briefing papers and reports.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Australian higher education sector including TEQSA and AQF requirements.
- Demonstrated understanding of AACSB accreditation standards
- Leading and implementing complex projects in a higher education environment.
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below.
Salary Package: from $112,204 - $118,506 p.a. (Level 9), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: full-time, continuing
Specific Role Enquiries: Professor Anne Ross-Smith on firstname.lastname@example.org
General Recruitment Enquiries: Alex Righton on email@example.com
Application Deadline: 11:55pm, Wednesday 29th March 2017 AEDT
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.