Senior Lecturer in Public Policy
- Tenurable appointment
- Salary range: Level C $117,857 - $135,900 p.a.
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to 'innovate and inspire' there is no better time to join Western Australia's top University.
The School of Social Sciences offers a rich learning and research environment spanning social and cultural studies in Australia, Europe and Asia. As well as undergraduate and postgraduate programs, the School supports an active research program.
The Discipline of Political Science and International Relations offer postgraduate and undergraduate programs in Political Science, International Relations, International Development and Public Policy.
About the opportunity
The Senior Lecturer in Public Policy will undertake research, teaching, unit coordination and student supervision in collaboration with colleagues and under the direction of the Head of School of Social Sciences.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- PhD in Political Science, Social Policy or equivalent field
- Strong record of research publication relative to career stage
- Demonstrated research program in a research area that complements and grows the research currently conducted in the Discipline Group
- Proven ability to build research collaboration
- Ability and willingness to develop, co-ordinate and teach units at all postgraduate and undergraduate levels in health policy, education policy, and other cognate areas of political science
- Experience in attracting and supervising research students, at postgraduate level and at Honours level or equivalent
The applicant must be motivated to contribute to the academic environment of the School and have a strong research portfolio within Public Policy, as well as the ability to contribute to the broader research environment in the School.
Preference will be given to candidates with expertise in the area of social policy (particularly health or education policy) and who approach public policy from a strong theoretical foundation rooted in social scientific enquiry.
Closing date: Tuesday 28 March 2017
This position is open to international applicants.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.