School Academic Officer, Teaching and Learning Faculty of Engineering and IT
Faculty of Engineering and IT
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
The UTS Faculty of Engineering and IT is recruiting a School Academic Officer to provide teaching and learning administrative support to academics within the School.
The Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology enrols over 7,500 students in our leading, industry-recognised courses and provides students with access to rigorous internship programs, collaborative research projects, global exchange programs, short courses and consulting activities, as well as courses offered in Hong Kong and Singapore.
The culture of the Faculty and its Schools is one that balances compliance with policy and procedure and a positive outlook of excellence, connectivity and responsiveness.
This position is located in one of five Schools in the Faculty of Engineering and IT, providing consistent, timely and professional teaching and learning and research administrative support to academics and students.
The ability to flexibly contribute to team-based tasks as well as working on an independent basis is paramount to this role.
- Support the Deputy Head of School (Teaching & Learning) and academics with school teaching and learning administration
- Contribute to faculty and school wide improvement initiatives including participation in working groups or project teams
- Ensure continuous commitment to best practice across the school and faculty, particularly related to teaching & learning activities
- Contribute to team efforts related to joint activities and required outcomes including but not limited to HDR progress reports, HDR Maintenance fund management, allocation of HDR resources, and HDR events
Main skills/experience required:
- Experience in a tertiary educational environment is desirable
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to use tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters
- Demonstrated ability to plan workflow and work under pressure to meet competing deadlines
- Proven ability to work in a team, deal with conflicts an foster a positive team culture
- Demonstrated initiative, sound judgement proactive problem solving and decision making
- Experience and proficiency in MS Windows applications in particular word and excel, outlook, data bases, web browsers.
- Experience using a research administration software/data bases such as CASS/CIS/TRIM
Remuneration & Benefits
Base Salary Range: $76,509 to $82,839 pa (HEW 6)
This role attracts 17% superannuation in addition to the base salary. Employee benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This appointment will be on a continuing full-time basis.
How To Apply
Please click on the apply button to be taken to the advertisement on our careers page where you will find links with instructions on how to apply and the full position description.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at email@example.com or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Closing Date: There is no closing date for this advert. Applications will be reviewed upon submission.