Associate Professor, Nursing
Faculty of Health and Medicine
School of Nursing and Midwifery
Job Ref No: 3281
About the organisation
Built on the principles of equity, excellence and engagement, the University of Newcastle (UON) has a reputation as a world-class institution making an impact within our regions, throughout Australia and across the globe. This is an exciting time to be part of the University of Newcastle as we embark on our NeW Futures Strategic Plan 2016-2025. We are building on strong foundations to realise our 2025 vision to stand as a global leader, distinguished by a commitment to equity and excellence, creating a better future for our regions through innovation and impact. Being part of a university on the move gives our people the opportunity to really make a mark in their chosen field.
UON Central Coast is proud to celebrate over 25 years of world-class teaching, learning and research in our region. During this time, a strong community of career-ready students has flourished, with the campus shaping graduates into key members of our local area - and the world.
Nestled amidst beautiful bushland at Ourimbah, the campus is just an hour from both Sydney and Newcastle, with numerous public transport services running to the campus.
About the role
The School of Nursing and Midwifery is a comprehensive research and teaching school, with an innovative approach to undergraduate and graduate teaching. The School enjoys a close collaboration with local area health services in providing clinical learning experiences for students, in the provision of graduate programs and in the conduct of clinical research.An opportunity exists for an outstanding individual to provide vision and leadership for the Nursing discipline, contributing to UON's and the Faculty's vision and mission.
The Associate Professor, Nursing will promote and foster a collaborative, dynamic, productive and globally competitive research environment through research collaboration, external grant income, publication outputs, and research higher degree graduates. The promotion of excellence in teaching and learning through appropriate curriculum development and delivery is also integral to this role.
In this role you will:
- provide academic leadership, encouraging and promoting a culture that embraces change and entrepreneurial activities and promotes staff members' capacity;
- lead with credibility and integrity - driving change, achievement and influencing the organisation;
- attract research grants and contribute to the supervision and evaluation of research students;
- undertake teaching and actively participate in the program and course coordination of both the undergraduate and post graduate programs of Nursing and Midwifery; and
- provide academic leadership in curriculum design and review.
This position is offered on a full-time continuing basis, based at UON's Ourimbah campus.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this critical position, you will have:
- a Doctoral qualification in Nursing or related discipline;
- eligibility for nursing registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency;
- a significant academic profile in higher education including research, teaching and learning;
- a substantial record of relevant publications at a national and international level;
- demonstrated ability to attract research funding, underpinned by an understanding of the Australian research funding system and national research priorities;
Please note: In accordance with the University's Staff Selection Guidelines, your application will be assessed on the selection criteria found at the link below. It is essential that you address each of the criteria to enable the selection committee to properly assess your application and suitability for interview.
Level D - $140,644 to $154,943 plus contributory superannuation with Unisuper, attracting a generous employer contribution of 17%.
Applications close: Wednesday 5 April 2017.
For more information about the position including selection criteria please click the 'Apply for this job' button below or go to
newcastle.edu.au/job-vacancies THE UNIVERSITY OF NEWCASTLE
VALUES EQUITY AND DIVERSITY
More jobs like this
- Permanent Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Newcastle
- Permanent Medicine & Dentistry Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Newcastle
- Permanent Other Health & Social Care Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Newcastle