Lecturer in Nursing
7 days left
- Full Time
Faculty of Health and Medicine
School of Nursing and Midwifery
Job Ref No: 3280
Built on the principles of equity, excellence and engagement, the University of Newcastle (UON) has a reputation as a world-class institution making an impact within our regions, throughout Australia and across the globe. This is an exciting time to be part of the University of Newcastle as we embark on our NeW Futures Strategic Plan 2016-2025. We are building on strong foundations to realise our 2025 vision to stand as a global leader, distinguished by a commitment to equity and excellence, creating a better future for our regions through innovation and impact. Being part of a university on the move gives our people the opportunity to really make a mark in their chosen field.
UON Central Coast is proud to celebrate over 25 years of world-class teaching, learning and research in our region. During this time, a strong community of career-ready students has flourished, with the campus shaping graduates into key members of our local area - and the world.
Nestled amidst beautiful bushland at Ourimbah, the campus is just an hour from both Sydney and Newcastle, with numerous public transport services running to the campus.
About the role
The School of Nursing and Midwifery is a comprehensive research and teaching school, with an innovative approach to undergraduate and graduate teaching. The School enjoys a close collaboration with local area health services in providing clinical learning experiences for students, in the provision of graduate programs and in the conduct of clinical research.
The Lecturer in Nursing will provide strong leadership in the teaching area that inspires staff and students to contribute to the UON and Faculty's vision and mission. The role is to foster a collaborative and globally competitive teaching environment that promotes excellence in teaching and learning through innovative curriculum development and delivery.
While conducting research that advances the School's research agenda, the Lecturer in Nursing will promote and foster a collaborative, dynamic, productive and globally competitive research environment through research collaboration, external grant income, publication outputs, and research higher degree graduates.
As the Lecturer in Nursing, you will:
- Promote and develop research capacity and performance achieving a good record of publications in high research journals;
- Effectively co-supervise of Honours and PhD students;
- Undertake teaching and actively participate in the program and course coordination of both the undergraduate and post graduate programs of Nursing and Midwifery;
- Develop and enhance relationships between internal and external stakeholders; and
- Contribute to the decision making process and serve on relevant School and UON committees.
This position is offered on a continuing, full-time basis; based at UON's Ourimbah campus.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Doctoral qualifications in nursing or related discipline;
- Current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia;
- Evidence of experience, excellence and innovation in undergraduate and/or postgraduate teaching and course development including course coordination and curriculum design;
- A substantial record of relevant publications at a national and international level; and
- Demonstrated experience of working on research projects collaboratively across disciplines locally, regionally and internationally, including the ability to coordinate research projects.
Please note: In accordance with the University's Staff Selection Guidelines, your application will be assessed on the selection criteria found at the link below. It is essential that you address each of the criteria to enable the selection committee to properly assess your application and suitability for interview.
Academic Level B - $95,351 to $113,231 per annum, plus a generous employer superannuation contribution of 17%.
Applications close: Wednesday 5 April 2017.
For more information about the position including selection criteria please click the 'Apply for this job' button below or go to
newcastle.edu.au/job-vacancies THE UNIVERSITY OF NEWCASTLE
VALUES EQUITY AND DIVERSITY