Associate Lecturer in Nursing
Faculty of Health and Medicine
School of Nursing and Midwifery
Job Ref No: 3279
Built on the principles of equity, excellence and engagement, the University of Newcastle (UON) has a reputation as a world-class institution making an impact within our regions, throughout Australia and across the globe. This is an exciting time to be part of the University of Newcastle as we embark on our NeW Futures Strategic Plan 2016-2025. We are building on strong foundations to realise our 2025 vision to stand as a global leader, distinguished by a commitment to equity and excellence, creating a better future for our regions through innovation and impact. Being part of a university on the move gives our people the opportunity to really make a mark in their chosen field.
UON Central Coast is proud to celebrate over 25 years of world-class teaching, learning and research in our region. During this time, a strong community of career-ready students has flourished, with the campus shaping graduates into key members of our local area - and the world.
Nestled amidst beautiful bushland at Ourimbah, the campus is just an hour from both Sydney and Newcastle, with numerous public transport services running to the campus.
About the role
The School of Nursing and Midwifery is a comprehensive research and teaching school, with an innovative approach to undergraduate and graduate teaching. The School enjoys a close collaboration with local area health services in providing clinical learning experiences for students, in the provision of graduate programs and in the conduct of clinical research.
The Associate Lecturer in Nursing will guide innovative teaching and ongoing curriculum development; while fostering a collaborative approach to the growing research profile and contribute to the service and community engagement activities of the School.
As the Associate Lecturer in Nursing, you will:
- Promote and develop research capacity and performance achieving a good record of publications in high research journals;
- Undertake teaching and actively participate in the program and course coordination of both the undergraduate and post graduate programs;
- Contribute to course and program development as well as curriculum reviews;
- Develop and enhance relationships between internal and external stakeholders; and
- Contribute to the decision making process and serve on relevant School and UON committees.
This position is offered on a full-time continuing basis, based at UON's Ourimbah campus.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Master degree or higher qualification in nursing, midwifery, nursing education or a related discipline and evidence of current enrolment and satisfactory progress in a PhD in nursing or related discipline;
- Current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia;
- Evidence of experience, excellence and innovation in undergraduate and/or postgraduate teaching and course development including course coordination and curriculum design;
- Demonstrated experience of working on research projects including relevant Nursing or Midwifery publications; and
- Ability to make sounds decisions within your sphere of responsibility and take responsibility for delivery to plan and on time.
Please note: In accordance with the University's Staff Selection Guidelines, your application will be assessed on the selection criteria found at the link below. It is essential that you address each of the criteria to enable the selection committee to properly assess your application and suitability for interview.
Academic Level A - $66,748 to $90,582 per annum, plus a generous employer superannuation contribution of 17%.
Applications close: Wednesday 5 April 2017.
For more information about the position including selection criteria please click the 'Apply for this job' button below or go to
newcastle.edu.au/job-vacancies THE UNIVERSITY OF NEWCASTLE
VALUES EQUITY AND DIVERSITY