Senior Governance Officer
- Convenient CBD location
- Full-time, Continuing position
- HEW Level 9 ($106,268-$113,861) plus 17% super
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The Strategy and Governance Portfolio provides strong integrated support for strategic development, governance, and business planning for the University. The Strategy and Governance Portfolio incorporates the Office of the Vice-Chancellor, the Policy and Impact Team, University Secretariat, the Strategy and Analytics Group, the Enterprise Project Management Office, Internal Audit & Risk Management and the Compliance, Regulation and Reporting Group. The Secretariat provides executive support to the Chancellor, RMIT Council and its Committees, University controlled entities and Academic Board and is a source of governance advice and services to the University.
The Senior Governance Officer:
- is a senior member of the team working closely with the University Secretary
- supports the operations of Council and its committees
- oversees the administration and review of the university's statutes and regulations
- is responsible for the conduct of University elections
- updates the Secretariat websites and publications and generally supports Secretariat communications
- provides expert high quality governance support and advice to the University Secretary to support best practice in governance.
The successful candidate will be required to provide strong, high-level support and assistance to the University Secretary including:
- coordination of governance matters relating to the business of the University Secretariat in a timely manner
- advice and assistance regarding governance and the issues surrounding business going through Council committees and controlled entities
- acting as minute secretary for meetings, as required.
The successful candidate will possess strong conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail in written and verbal work. You will have the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organisation, achieve deadlines with minimal guidance and display a high level of organisational and interpersonal skills.
You will be required to have an appropriate qualification recognised by the Governance Institute (Graduate Diploma of Applied Corporate Governance or equivalent) and possess membership with a relevant professional association (e.g. Governance Institute, Australian Institute of Company Directors), or, you will have a relevant bachelor degree or above and/or relevant experience working in a university or corporate governance environment.
For further information please contact Amanda Way at email@example.com or to view a position description visit yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search using job reference number 556735.
Applications close 11pm on Tuesday 21st March 2017.
RMIT is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.