Client Services Librarian
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Library is one of Australia's major research libraries, with extensive scholarly resources. It serves a large population of academic staff and students on two campuses and affiliated research institutes.
About the role
- A$69K - A$78K per year (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The role of the Client Services Librarian is to enable UNSW Library to provide a high quality information and referral service to the University’s community through interaction with its clients in both face to face and digital contact points. The role includes analysis of current trends in client usage of UNSW Library’s digital channels, and maintenance and enhancement of UNSW Library’s knowledgebase and enquiry management system.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Exemplary client service skills and a solid understanding of the provision of services that support an academic library.
- Strong information technology skills, a sound understanding of technologies used in providing excellent client service in libraries.
- A relevant degree or associate diploma with at least two years relevant work or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any combination of education, training and/or experience.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Shaun O'Dwyer, Manager, Client Services and Document Services
T: (61 2) 9385 35766
Applications close: Friday 24th March 2017