Mathematics and Statistics Teacher
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie University is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by a beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE
Macquarie University International College offers pathway programs which allow students to articulate into an undergraduate degree at the University. Students who successfully complete a Standard Foundation Program or an Intensive Program may articulate into the first year of an undergraduate degree while students who complete one of four Diploma Programs (Accounting, Commerce and Business Administration; Engineering; IT; or Media and Communication) may articulate into the second year of an undergraduate degree.
The College offers an innovative delivery model contained within a 6-week teaching Term and 7 teaching Terms in the calendar year. Students undertake two units in a Term.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Macquarie University International College as a full-time teaching staff member on a one year fixed-term contract.
Expressions of interest are currently invited from appropriately qualified and professionally experienced teaching staff with expertise in Mathematics and Statistics.
The appointed candidate will primarily teach on a selection of Diploma Mathematics and Statistics units (notably WSTA150, WMAT123, WMAT135, WMAT136, WMAT137) but may also teach on Standard Foundation and Intensive Program Mathematics Units (WFMA001, WFMA002, WFMA003), other disciplines and units offered by the College in future. This will be determined in accordance with their qualifications, area or expertise and experience. Descriptions of these units may be found in the Handbook.
Applications from candidates with expertise across a range of levels, units and other disciplines offered by the College are strongly encouraged.
For further information on the role and associated conditions please click here.
Applicants will ideally possess the following:
- Sound understanding of Mathematics and Statistics as demonstrated by qualifications and/or professional competency and at least 2 years' full time equivalent teaching experience in Mathematics and Statistics in a range of Australian contexts and including 2 years full time equivalent experience teaching students from a range of non-English speaking backgrounds in pathway programs and tertiary settings.
(In your application, you must clearly list all College Units you are qualified to teach and have experience teaching. Expertise across multiple units and additional fields would be an advantage).
- Demonstrated experience in preparation and administration of assessment tasks and results and involvement in moderation, validation and other assessment quality control processes.
- Experience in development and improvement of curricula.
- Experience in the use of online learning management system(s) and demonstrated integration of a range of learning technologies into a course or curriculum.
- Experience in administration of a unit or program as a subject lead, convenor or similar, which encompasses provision of guidance to and collaboration with other teaching and administrative staff.
- Proficient MS Office skills and demonstrated experience providing administrative support, ideally in an academic environment.
SUBMITTING YOUR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Candidates must submit their CV, a cover letter addressing the above selection criteria and at least 2 samples of teaching evaluations (e.g. learner evaluation of unit or teaching or teaching observation report from a previous supervisor).
The cover letter must also include:
- Date available to commence in the role
- Indication of any days, times or periods when you would not be available to work.
- Statement outlining any other work engagements you intend to maintain if employed by the College (Teachers appointed on a full-time basis must obtain the University's written consent prior to being engaged in any activity for any person or entity other than the College).
Only applications that follow the instructions above and directly address selection criteria will be considered.
APPOINTMENT TYPE: Full-time, 12 month fixed-term
Standard Foundation and Intensive Programs: email@example.com
Diploma Programs: firstname.lastname@example.org
SALARY: Full-time salary range from $66,098 to $93,084 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Wednesday 22 March 2017 at 11:55pm.
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.