Health, Safety and Security Analyst
Tracking Code 4355/C0617
Provides technical support to the Global Programs Health, Safety and Security team, including, but not limited to, security conditions and travel analysis and reporting; training development and delivery; travel tracking; incident statistical recordkeeping and analysis; and emergency response and communication in the event of an incident affecting a BU faculty, staff or student abroad. The HSS directly reports to the Associate Director, Health, Safety and Security and the Managing Director, Operations.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions:
- The Analyst is a key role within the Global Programs Health, Safety and Security team ensuring appropriate and timely handling of emergency situations. (20%)
- Serves on the Safety Management Team and acts as incident commander or other roles as assigned or needed in emergency situations.
- Works with the Associate Director and the Safety Management Team to ensure that Boston University’s response to overseas emergencies is carried out appropriately and efficiently, and that after-action meetings and reports are completed in a timely manner.
- Is on-call on a rotating basis with other safety management team members for emergencies involving BU travelers abroad; emergencies can and often occur outside of regular business hours.
- Works with the Associate Director, Health, Safety and Security as well as other members of the Global Programs Safety Management team and is responsible for security Analysis and Reporting. (40%)
- Actively and continuously monitors world events and international health, safety and security conditions with the potential to impact Boston University activities abroad and prepares analytical reports and briefings for Global Programs staff and University safety management teams.
- Maintains and works to improve University travel tracking and communication tools for both end-user ease of use and reporting needs; produces regular and ad-hoc reports to track University travelers.
- Maintains incident database; develops and produces analytics to identify and monitor trends in incidents affecting BU travelers.
- Reviews academic unit program proposals and provides analysis and assessment of health, safety and security risks and mitigation plans for those risks affecting the proposed program; the assessment is used in consideration of approval for the program.
- Oversees Global Programs interactions with Student Activities Office and student organizations planning international travel.
- Collaborates with the Global Programs Health, Safety and Security team on training development and implementation. (40%)
- Assists in the development, implementation and communication of Health and Safety policies/procedures. Responds to questions related to policies and procedures from all levels throughout the organization.
- Develops training and media for disseminating and tracking Health, Safety and Security tools and information to students, faculty and staff.
- Delivers health, safety and security training to students, faculty and staff.
- BA/BS required, Graduate degree preferred
- 3-5 years of professional experience in health, safety and security operations, risk management, emergency response, environmental health and safety, or similar role preferred
- Knowledge of data analysis methods and techniques
- Familiarity with FEMA incident command system training and procedure
- Strong project management, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products or other analytical tools and databases; expert knowledge of Excel required; familiarity with Sharepoint, PowerBI, and Wordpress desirable; familiarity with commercial travel tracking products desirable
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive and results oriented
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular