Biostatistics Unit - Associate Professor/Professor
DIVISION OF HEALTH SCIENCES
The Division of Health Sciences at the University of Otago is seeking to appoint an academic biostatistician at the Associate Professor/Professor level to be the Director of a newly established Biostatistics Unit.
The Biostatistics Unit will be responsible for providing biostatistical advice and support across the University of Otago’s Division of Health Sciences and will include biostatisticians with varying levels of experience. The Director of the Unit will be based in the Dunedin School of Medicine Dean’s Department and will work closely with, and be supported by, Health Research South - the research partnership between the Dunedin School of Medicine and the Southern District Health Board.
The successful applicant will take responsibility for the administration and leadership of the Unit. This position presents an exciting opportunity for an outstanding biostatistical researcher who is capable of providing strong academic leadership.
The role responsibilities will include:
- Providing biostatistical mentorship and advice to the biostatisticians in the Division;
- Leading the provision of high quality biostatistical support to researchers;
- Working in health related areas;
- Conducting research that relates to their own research interests and/or collaborations.
- The appointment will be made at the Associate Professor or Professor level depending on the qualifications and experience of the successful applicant.
Applicants should have:
- A doctorate in biostatistics, statistics or equivalent biostatistical expertise;
- Evidence of an outstanding commitment to health related or biostatistical research;
- Sound leadership experience;
- High-level skills in organisational collaboration and communication across a range of people and situations.
The salary range for Associate Professor and Professor are as follows:
Associate Professor / Research Associate Professor ($126,929 to $139,738)
Professor / Research Professor ($145,853 to $177,459)
Applications quoting reference number 1602141 will close on Sunday, 2 April 2017.
To see a full job description and to apply online go to: www.otago.ac.nz/humanresources/join-otago
Equal opportunity in employment is University policy.
E tautoko ana Te Whare Wananga o Otago i te kaupapa whakaorite whiwhinga mahi.