Professor of General Practice
UWA MEDICAL SCHOOL
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is a member of the prestigious Group-of-Eight leading Australian research-intensive universities. With a reputation for international excellence and ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world, UWA's continued success is on target for its longer term goal of reaching the world top 50 by 2050.
The University invites applications for the tenurable position of Professor of General Practice. The appointee will be expected to provide academic leadership in teaching and research, and be actively involved in clinical practice. They must also show evidence of a strong record of publications in primary care research or medical education. Situated at the Queen Elizabeth II Medical Centre in Nedlands, General Practice is a key unit within the UWA Medical School.
The successful applicant will:
- Contribute to the leadership and management of the School, ensuring the development of a positive academic
- working environment, aligned to the priorities of both the University and Faculty;
- Develop and foster research activity across the General Practice discipline group, the School and its associated clinical sites;
- Engage and mentor colleagues at all levels in research (and teaching) activity, resulting in an enthusiastic, collaborative and engaged culture;
- Develop appropriate new research groups.
The position is offered on an tenurable basis and the appointee will be offered an attractive remuneration package that includes a clinical loading. Benefits will include generous leave provisions, superannuation and relocation assistance (if applicable). Limited rights of private practice are available.
For further information applicants are encouraged to direct enquiries to Dr Brendan McQuillan, A/Head of School, School of Medicine, +61 8 6151 1052 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Professor Wendy Erber, Pro Vice Chancellor and Executive Dean, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, email email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 5 May 2017
An Information for Candidates brochure containing the position description and further details can be found at http://jobs.uwa.edu.au/executive - refer page 9 of the brochure for specific information that must be included in the application.
Information for Candidates Brochure: