Consultant/ Senior Consultant
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education)/Sydney Statistical Consulting
Reference no. 340/0217
- Be valued for your exceptional knowledge and experience in statistical design and analysis
- Opportunity to provide general and tailored specialist statistical service
- Full-time or part-time, fixed term until 31 December 2017
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney is committed to continued improvement in its research performance, maintaining its leading role within Australia and improving its competitive position internationally in order to contribute to the economic, social and cultural well-being of Australia and the wider world. To realise this vision the University is implementing strategies that will attract and nurture the brightest researchers and support them to undertake research that makes an original contribution to knowledge or understanding.
The Consultant/Senior Consultant is responsible for providing general and specialist statistical consulting services under general direction on a one-to-one basis to clients of Statistical Consulting. You will be undertaking follow-up work with clients as needed, including maintenance of adequate records. You may be asked to conduct small specialist statistical workshops from time to time, if needed.
Position duties include:
- providing general and specialist statistical consulting services on a one-to-one basis to clients of Statistical Consulting
- maintaining high level of professional relationships with key stakeholders across the University
- ensuring that any advice provided is up-to-date, relevant and consistent
- being proactive in providing mentoring and advice within the Statistical Consulting team.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for a Consultant or Senior Consultant who possesses:
- well-developed skills in statistical design and analysis
- ability to provide statistical services within an organisation or to external clients
- ability to prepare and deliver seminars/workshops in area of expertise
- ability to work in a complex and challenging environment.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across 9 campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 47,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm 23 March 2017
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
If we think your skills are needed in other areas of the University, we will be sure to contact you about other opportunities.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.