7 days left
- Full Time
Contract supervisor for the cleaning service in the Site Management and Building department (SMB), SIte Services (SIS) group.
CERN has a need to reinforce the small team that supervises the cleaning activity on the french and swiss sites of CERN. The service is responsible to keep the CERN offices, public areas, workshops, storage areas, sanitary facilities, and technical facilities clean.
This represents between 300 and 400 thousand m2 of surface to be cleaned regularly, and many 10s of thousands of m2 of windows.
Besides regular cleaning, the service also is in charge of performing specific cleaning activities on request. The cleaning activities are contracted out to two contractors.
It is the responsibility of the contract supervisor to monitor the compliance of the work performed with the agreed contractual service levels.
You will be assigned to the Site Management and Building department (SMB), SIte Services (SIS) group), as supervisor of cleaning services contracts. You will be responsible for supervising and inspecting cleaning work performed by CERN's contractors on CERN sites in accordance with the contractual conditions. In particular, you will be required to carry out the following activities:
- Manage day to day operations with the CERN contractors performing the work.
- Check compliance of the work performed with the conctractual technical specifications.
- Monitor the service level provided by the different contractors.
- Participate in the definition of the technical specifications when market surveys and calls for tenders are launched to renew the service contracts.
- Liaise between CERN and the contractors site management teams and plan specific additional works to be performed by the contractors.
- Monitor the cleaning expenses during the annual exercise and ensure that costs remain in the frame of the annual budgetary envelope.
- Organise regular audits of the service and quality levels provided by the contractors.
Higher technical diploma in the field of Hygiene, Cleaning and Environmental Management or equivalent.
Communication skills for contacts with clients and contractors and good organizational skills are essential.
Experience and competencies
The experience required for this post is:
- Demonstrate extensive experience in supervision of cleaning work.
- Extensive experience in assuring compliance of contractors of contracts with an annual value of well above 1 million CHF, and involving a significant workforce.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Quality management: wide knowledge of cleaning techniques and products for various types of buildings (industrial, technical, public, clean rooms, etc.).
- Contract management: setting up SLA's, monitoring SLA's, defining and using checklists, defining kpi's and performance monitoring .
- Organisation, planning and control: setting up working processes, ability to monitor, supervise and audit cleaningactivities and service levels..
- Use of Office software packages: notably ms word, excel, outlook and ticketing systems (example: servicenow).
Knowledge in the field of cleaning in controlled radioactive areas would be an asset.
The behavioural competencies required for this post are:
- Communicating effectively: demonstrating a pro-active approach to resolving differences; addressing issues of conflict constructively; checking to ensure that the message has been well understood; ensuring that information, procedures and decisions are appropriately documented.
- Demonstrating flexibility: readily absorbing new techniques and working practices; proposing new or improved ways of working; demonstrating openness to new ideas and situations; adapting quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities and requirements.
- Achieving results: delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations; being rigorous and producing quality results at first attempt; delivering prompt and efficient service taking into account customer needs.
- Building relationships: being able to put self in the shoes of others in order to understand their needs and interests; showing a sincere interest in the concerns and perspectives of others.
The language competencies required are:
- Spoken and written English and French: ability to understand and speak both languages in routine situations as well as the ability to prepare/draft accurate texts in both languages.
Eligibility and closing date
Employing a diverse and international workforce is a CERN core value and central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States irrespective of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or personal situation.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 30.03.2017.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
Note on Employment Conditions
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry.
Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work during nights, Sundays and public holidays.
- Work in radiation areas.
- Interventions in underground installations.
- A valid driving licence.
Read more about employment conditions
Grade 3 or 4