Occupational Health Nurse
7 days left
- Full Time
Occupational Health Nurse in the Health, Safety & Environment Unit (HSE), Medical Service Group (ME).
As Nurse in the CERN Medical Centre, you will have the unique opportunity to collaborate with a variety of people in the field of Health and Safety (firefighters, medical emergency team).
- Provide first aid to personnel who are injured or become ill during work, arranging for appropriate treatment and pre-orientation, in consultation with the ME doctors.
- Assist the doctors during annual medical check-ups.
- Perform supplementary tests: ECGs, spirometry, hearing tests, eye tests.
- Manage supplies for the infirmary.
- Perform individual workplace assessments (example ergonomics), restaurant hygiene monitoring, and prevention of occupational hazards and provide reporting.
- Conduct training courses related to health and safety in the workplace (approximatively twice a month).
- Take part in designing and running public health-awareness campaigns (twice a year).
Bachelor's degree in the field of of nursing or equivalent.
Experience and competencies
The experience required for this post is:
- Extensive experience of professional nursing in at least two different fields.
- Experience in the field of health and safety in the workplace would be an asset.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Emergency medical care: : administering nursing care and first aid.
- Medical analysis.
- Practice of occupational medicine.
- Knowledge of ergonomics: basic knowledge. .
The behavioural competencies required for this post are:
- Working in teams: contributing to promoting a positive atmosphere in the team through an optimistic and constructive attitude; addressing issues.
- Demonstrating flexibility: adapting quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities and requirements.
- Achieving results: delivering prompt and efficient service taking into account customer needs.
- Managing self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting; taking initiative beyond regular tasks and making things happen.
- Building Relationships: Showing courtesy and consideration in dealings with others.
The language competencies required are:
- Spoken and written English or French: ability to draw up technical texts in one of the two languages, as well as ability to understand and speak the other language in professional contexts.
Eligibility and closing date
Employing a diverse and international workforce is a CERN core value and central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States irrespective of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or personal situation.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 01.04.2017.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
Note on Employment Conditions
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry.
Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
Read more about employment conditions
Grade 4 or 5