Key areas of the AUC Provost's responsibilities include the following:
ACADEMIC AND STRATEGIC INNOVATION
Successful candidate should be an experienced visionary, who can lead strategic planning processes to develop the University's academic programs and enhance students' success. He/she should be an advocate for academic innovation that meets emerging market demands. The Provost plays an essential role in supporting faculty development in scholarship, research, and pedagogical initiatives.
ACCREDITATION, ASSESSMENT AND ACADEMIC PROGRAM QUALITY
The Provost is responsible for the academic quality, strategic evaluation and assessment of curricula, student learning, academic administrative policies, as well as all academic and professional programs. He/she is responsible to ensure the compliance of AUC as a whole and in each of its academic and professional schools, departments and programs, with relevant legal and accreditation agency requirements.
COLLABORATION AND COOPERATION
The Provost stimulates and nurtures dynamic partnerships among members of the internal University community and with external constituencies.
FISCAL MANAGEMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY
The Provost oversees and monitors the budget and fund allocation of the reporting units, including salaries. He/she manages the fiscal resources and space allocation that supports instruction. He/she supports faculty and administration efforts to create new revenues and to sustain existing sources of outside support.
ETHICAL AND MORAL LEADERSHIP
The Provost mobilizes, guides and collaborates with all University constituencies to build, foster and support an inclusive and diverse campus environment for staff, faculty and students. He/she sets an example and enhances the culture of professional and personal ethics.
Key Attributes of Successful Candidate
Successful candidate will possess an earned doctorate or equivalent degree, a record of scholarship and teaching, commensurate with the appointment equivalent to the rank of professor at AUC. He/she will be able to demonstrate significant and progressively responsible experience in academic administration of an accredited higher education institution.
The successful candidate is likely to also possess the following specific attributes:
- Substantial experience at a student-centered, co-educational liberal arts university.
- Familiarity and experience with accreditation and assessment processes and procedures.
- Robust knowledge and understanding of current issues and challenges facing international higher education, including the importance of leveraging technology.
- Outstanding academic leadership and management skills, including the ability to articulate a vision, develop a strategic plan, promote innovation, and build effective teams.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills in building partnerships and promoting collaboration.
- Proven budget experience and ability to manage resources effectively.
- Ability to develop new and creative ways to attract, support, and retain high-quality, diverse student body, faculty and academic staff within a collaborative governing structure.
AUC welcomes inquiries, nominations and applications. Review of applications will begin in mid March 2017 and will continue until the position is filled. For the fullest consideration, the applicant's submissions should be received no later than end of March 2017. Expected start date is September 2017 unless otherwise negotiated.
Candidates are expected to provide a curriculum vitae, a letter of application that addresses the responsibilities and requirements described in this advertisement, a description of his/her vision, and contact information for five references. References will not be contacted without prior knowledge and approval of candidates. Submissions should be sent to the following link: new.aucegypt.edu/faculty/services/faculty-vacancies
Inquires and nominations should be addressed to Professor Ehab Abdel-Rahman, chair of the search committee at Provost.Search@aucegypt.edu
AUC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability in the administration of its employment practices.