Head of International Student Recruitment
International and Advancement Division
Job Ref No: 3263
Built on the principles of equity, excellence and engagement, the University of Newcastle (UON) has a reputation as a world-class institution making an impact within our regions, throughout Australia and across the globe. This is an exciting time to be part of the University of Newcastle as we embark on our NeW Futures Strategic Plan 2016-2025. We are building on strong foundations to realise our 2025 vision to stand as a global leader, distinguished by a commitment to equity and excellence, creating a better future for our regions through innovation and impact. Being part of a university on the move gives our people the opportunity to really make a mark in their chosen field.
About the role
The Head of International Student Recruitment (HoISR) is a proven high education senior leader who will work closely with key faculty and divisional stakeholders to develop and implement priority country business strategies and faculty international market profiles, in order to drive revenue from fee paying international students. They will position UON as a partner of choice for a designated group of universities, research centres and commercial education providers.
Positioned within UON Global, the HoISR oversees networks and relationships in countries, has a solid understanding of student profiles in alignment with UON programs and provides leadership to the Business Development team, including Regional Managers and Faculty Business Partners. Key priorities for this critical position are to:
- manage and grow student recruitment channels;
- identify, develop and support institutional partnerships; and
- develop and implement international plans in collaboration with faculties and stakeholders
Skills and experience
To take on this exciting position we are seeking a proven higher education senior leader with in-depth experience of driving high performance teams. You will have:
- a proven record of accomplishment in driving growth in international enrolments;
- a proven record of delivery of significant high-level projects with a solid understanding of planning and management to develop and implement plans to achieve defined outcomes;
- high-level oral and written communication skills, including cross-cultural sensitivity and the ability to facilitate formal presentations;
- demonstrated experience as an effective manager with proven resource, people and conflict management skills to build and manage effective teams; and
- proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
Please note: In accordance with the University's Staff Selection Guidelines, your application will be assessed on the selection criteria found at the link below. It is essential that you address each of the criteria to enable the selection committee to properly assess your application and suitability for interview.
HEW Level 9 - $110,645 to $118,548 per annum, plus 17% superannuation.
Applications close: Sunday 26 March 2017.
For more information about the position including selection criteria please click the 'Apply for this job' button below or go to
newcastle.edu.au/job-vacancies THE UNIVERSITY OF NEWCASTLE
VALUES EQUITY AND DIVERSITY