Senior Systems Administrator
5 days left
- Full Time
This position will serve as a Senior System Administrator within the IMSS Business Systems Infrastructure group. Primary responsibilities will include, but not limited to, the deployment and support of a broad array of campus IT systems for a wide variety of campus customers.
• Responsible for the implementation and troubleshooting of software and hardware solutions.
• Lead efforts to migrate e-mail to the cloud.
• Responsible for migrating on-prem virtual machines (VMs) to cloud hosting providers.
• Responsible for maintaining the configurations of multiple firewalls that protect various campus systems.
• Responsible for the development of technical project plans and testing procedures.
• Evaluate, test and implement vendor patches/upgrades for both hardware and software.
• Work with various campus groups to identify functional and technical requirements.
• Responsible for the development of comprehensive documentation for building, troubleshooting and supporting servers and associated applications.
• Perform monitoring and tuning of systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
• Responsible for the deployment and continued operation of a virtualized infrastructure utilizing VMWare.
• Responsible for the deployment and continued operation of multiple SQL Server instances.
• Responsible for developing and implementing procedures to ensure strong system-level security and integrity.
• Responsible for monitoring and maintaining IMSS’ backup/recovery infrastructure.
• Perform activities associated with user account creations and terminations.
• Perform Active Directory Organization Unit (OU) maintenance.
• Conduct hardware and software reviews of systems to ensure compliance with established policies, standards and configuration guidelines.
• Act as a liaison for external vendors and contractors.
• Act as a point of escalation for 1st tier support personnel.
• Participate in an on-call team rotation for off-hours support. Participate in scheduled off-hours maintenance windows. Some off-hours work is required.
• 7+ years of experience acting in a customer-facing capacity, deploying and supporting applications and services on Microsoft platforms in mixed client environments.
• Expert administration skills utilizing Windows Server 2008/2012, Active Directory, IIS, Exchange, DNS, DHCP and WINS.
• Expert skills in deploying and maintaining virtualized infrastructures utilizing VMware.
• Expert skills in deploying, securing, troubleshooting, tuning and maintaining enterprise-level systems including: e-mail servers, web and application servers, database servers, DNS servers, file and print servers, backup/recovery solutions and firewalls.
• Strong networking knowledge and skills (especially TCP/IP, NetBIOS & DNS).
• Candidate must have excellent communication skills.
• Must be highly professional, focused on quality, customer service oriented, and have excellent in-person support demeanor for users of all skill levels.
• Willingness and ability to handle a wide range and number of tasks requiring all levels of technical ability.
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with frequent interruptions.
• Demonstrable ability to work effectively on independent, self-directed projects.
• The candidate must be able to lift moderately heavy equipment up to 50 pounds.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field and relevant professional and technical certifications.
• Experience deploying and migrating users to Microsoft Office 365 cloud-based collaboration and productivity services: Hybrid Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive and Skype for Business.
• Experience using Powershell for system administration.
• Experience supporting the following products: Cisco firewalls, EMC Avamar, Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft System Center.
• Experience administering EMC’s Clariion (SAN) and Celerra (NAS) products.
• Experience administering Tintri storage solutions.
• Relevant professional and technical certifications.
Supervisory position? No
Posting Detail Information
Posting Open Date 02/27/2017
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.