Director - Estate Office
Closing Date: Open till filled
Contract Status: Full-time
Salary & Benefits: RMB 310,000 – RMB 390,000 per annum before all deductions, depending on qualifications and experience
Working Location: Ningbo
Communications and Working Relationships
The Estates function has a high profile within the University and a strong blend of personal and professional qualities will be essential, particularly the ability to work constructively with a wide range of administrative and academic colleagues in pursuit of the University’s objectives and fulfilment of its plans. In addition the post holder will be required to communicate with a wide range of individuals and organizations outside the University.
Working relationships with the UNNC Senior Management Group, together with administrative and academic colleagues, the ability to nurture a strong sense of teamwork among managers in the Estates team will be crucial.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in architecture, engineering, facilities management, project management or construction management or surveying, etc.;
- Excellent English skills, both oral and written;
- At least 10 years proven track record of managing a complex property portfolio, staff and budgets;
- Able and willing to work with a wide range of cultures;
- Knowledge of MS Office software;
- A proven track record of managing a complex property portfolio, staff and budgets;
- A thorough understanding of general management techniques in a large and complex organization; able to contribute to the organizations corporate planning;
- Strength and quality of leadership and the personal skills required to develop and lead an effective and well-motivated, multi-disciplinary and multi-task estates and facilities team;
- A sound understanding of the legal and financial aspects of major property projects and transactions;
- Wide experience both in the preparation and control of development programs, building and engineering projects and in managing facility operations and maintenance services;
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures;
- Proven ability to effectively coordinate multiple programs and initiatives;
- High level strategic planning and organizational skills, including forward planning and forecasting;
- The ability to respond appropriately to user demands and expectations and to foster a cooperative working environment;
- Demonstrate employee development and performance management skills;
- Must possess excellent judgment, problem solving, multitasking and decision making skills;
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups;
- The ability, be able to communicate effectively in both English and Chinese.
- MNC or Sino-Foreign University experience is preferred.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for managing all aspects of the University’s estates, its related resources and business activities to provide a physical environment commensurate with the University’s corporate objectives and its mission of delivering excellence in teaching, research and associated commercial activity;
- Assume responsibility for facility master planning, advise senior and executive management on strategic and tactical facility planning, facility space use and other matters involving the use of physical assets; ensure that the Master Plan remains consistent with and responsive to the University’s mission, goals and objectives and overall strategic plan;
- Manage and be responsible for all renovation, refurbishment and retrofit projects for infrastructure, teaching rooms, offices, laboratories, Library, common spaces, social spaces, sports center, etc. design and project management, including engineering and construction activities. Assume overall responsibility for the success of projects, including prudent budgetary management, scheduling, safety, quality and functional performance;
- Provide operational leadership and coordination to the University’s facilities planning and real estate functions; ensure optimal integration, synergy, and cost-efficiency in the implementation of operating plans, systems and procedures;
- Oversee and evaluate all University facilities management operations; provide administrative direction to ensure that all facilities management activities and initiatives are consistent with the University’s strategic, operational and fiscal needs and objectives;
- Work with the University’s partner organizations in China to optimize relationships to the functional and economic benefit of the University;
- Advise in the formulation of the Department’s annual budget and capital investments, to ensure that all operations and development activities are provided at optimum cost effectiveness and provide periodic cost and productivity analyses;
- Manage and maintain professional inputs in the following services, within approved parameters of cost and partner organization service level agreements, at all times seeking best value:
- Building operations and maintenance
- Engineering services including design management and construction management
- Capital development projects (minor works through to strategic developments)
- Cleaning services and waste disposal
- Mail services
- Space Management;
- Outsourced Integrated Facilities Management ( IFM) company management;
- Be responsible for the on-going development and updates of the estate database to ensure that adequate information is available on matters such as physical condition, legislation compliance functional suitability, space utilization etc.;
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned;
- Participate in training and staff development schemes as trainer or trainee as appropriate;
- Maintain appropriate professional development, expertise and awareness;
- Undertake other tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be required.
How to Apply
Please send job application with the following documents before the closing date:
- UNNC Application Form (please download from here);
- Cover Letter;
Please kindly note that all documents should be completed in English and in Word/ PDF format.
Late or incomplete application will not be considered to be shortlisted.
Please send application and enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org