Postdoctoral Fellows in Evolutionary Vertebrate Anatomy
Postdoctoral Fellows in Evolutionary Vertebrate Anatomy School Faculty of Arts and Sciences
Department/Area Organismic and Evolutionary Biology
We are seeking 1-2 high caliber postdoctoral fellows to join the Stephanie E. Pierce Laboratory based in the Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard University. Research in the lab focuses on major transitions in vertebrate evolution, with the aim to document functional/ecological shifts in the fossil record. We study both extant and extinct animals and utilize state-of-the-art methodologies to capture, explore, and interpret morphology and function from various perspectives. Successful applicants can either contribute to ongoing research projects, or can work with the PI to develop novel, cutting-edge ideas that add a new dimension to the Lab. To learn more about the Pierce Lab see: http://projects.iq.harvard.edu/spierce
A successful applicant would have:
• Ph.D. in paleontology, vertebrate anatomy, functional/developmental morphology, evolutionary biomechanics or related fields.
• A solid track record of scientific publications and international conference presentations
• One or more of the following skills set: 3D anatomical modeling, geometric morphometrics, finite element analysis, musculoskeletal modeling, in vivo/ex vivo animal experimentation; biomechanical analysis, comparative phylogenetics
Additional Qualifications Special Instructions
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
1. Cover letter outlining your interests and suitability for the position
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Up to three examples of published papers
5. Names and contact information of 3 references.
Harvard University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and requires pre-employment reference and background screening.
It is recommended that you contact Prof. Stephanie E. Pierce to discuss your potential fit in the lab before submitting an application .
Contact Email email@example.com Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Minimum Number of References Required Maximum Number of References Allowed Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Publication 2
- Publication 3