Administrative Assistant in the Engineering (EN) Department, Administration, Resources and Performance (ARP) Group, Administration (ADM) Section.
You will join:
- The Engineering (EN) Department that provides engineering competencies, infrastructure systems, and technical coordination for the world's largest particle accelerator complex and its experimental facilities.
- The Administration, Resources and Performance (ARP) Group in charge of the administration, planning and resources management, performance and project management of the EN Department.
- The Administration Section in charge of the administration of the EN Department.
As Administrative Assistant in the ARP Group, you will contribute to the general administration of a large Department (EN) comprising over 600 members of personnel.
You will be in charge of the following tasks:
- Provide administrative support and advice to all categories of members of personnel (upon arrival, departure and throughout their appointment) of the Department and contribute to the smooth operation of the administration.
- Arrange official travel, logistics, and process the reimbursements, according to CERN rules.
- Ensure fluid circulation of information as required within and outside the Department.
- Deal with confidential career-related records.
- Keep up-to-date with and apply a variety of CERN rules and procedures.
- Assist the Group for all administrative tasks.
- Prepare, organise and attend meetings for which you will take minutes of the proceedings in both English and French.
- Format and/or type documents, ensuring their accurate, timely publication using the relevant computer tools.
- Maintain physical and electronic documents, web pages, shared files and records to provide up-to-date information.
- Replace other secretaries when required.
Higher administrative diploma in General Administration, or equivalent, and professional training in the field of secretarial and administrative methods or equivalent.
Experience and competencies
The experience required for this post is:
- A first experience in a variety of administrative and support tasks for a large unit, preferably in a front-line and international environment.
- A previous experience in establishing and implementing administrative processes and procedures would be an advantage.
- A previous experience in the analysis of financial/or accounting data would be an advantage.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Secretarial service.
- Use of Office software packages.
- Customer service.
The behavioural competencies required for this post are:
- Managing self: taking initiative beyond regular tasks and making things happen; working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting.
- Demonstrating accountability: maintaining confidentiality; working conscientiously and reliably; delivering on promises.
- Working in teams: Contributing to promoting a positive atmosphere in the team through an optimistic and constructive attitude; addressing issues; gaining trust and collaboration from others; seeking to help other team members when own work is done; supporting others.
- Building relationships: showing courtesy and consideration in dealings with others; Being able to put self in the shoes of others in order to understand their needs and interests.
The language competencies required are:
- Spoken and written French and English: with the ability to understand and speak fluently in professional contexts.
Eligibility and closing date
Employing a diverse and international workforce is a CERN core value and central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States irrespective of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or personal situation.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 27.03.2017.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
Note on Employment Conditions
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry.
Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.