Vice-Provost (Teaching and Learning)
4 days left
- Full Time
Vice-Provost (Teaching and Learning)
University of Calgary
Location: 2500 University Drive NW, Calgary, AB T2N 1N4
At one of Canada’s top comprehensive research-intensive institutions, the University of Calgary has fostered a learning environment enriched by research and pedagogical excellence where administration, students, and academic staff collaboratively create effective learning communities and experiences. The new $40M Taylor Institute for Teaching and Learning is tangible evidence of our commitment to teaching and learning, and has created a platform for many new initiatives and programs.
The University of Calgary has been transformed into a living lab for developing and applying innovations in postsecondary teaching; graduate, undergraduate, and faculty learning; and cutting-edge learning spaces and technologies. The institution now seeks a globally recognized scholar in educational development and the scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL) to become the Vice-Provost (Teaching and Learning) – a unique opportunity – at one of the most exciting institutions in the world.
The advancement of the University of Calgary’s teaching and learning practice has been inspiring, but there is still tremendous work to do. The next Vice-Provost (Teaching and Learning) will solidify the University’s position as the global post-secondary leader in teaching and learning. Reporting to the Provost and Vice-President (Academic) and interfacing as a collaborative member of the Provost’s team, the Vice-Provost (Teaching and Learning) will play a critical strategic role in visioning and advancing the institution’s teaching and learning goals. The incumbent will engage with Faculty Deans, Associate Deans, Department Heads, academic staff, and students to champion the design and creation of initiatives where all members of the University of Calgary community are supported in achieving excellence in teaching and learning, and engagement.
The Vice-Provost (Teaching and Learning) will have:
• An earned doctorate (PhD preferred) in a relevant discipline and be a recognized scholar in Educational Development and the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL);
• The academic scholarship to be appointed at the rank of Full Professor or Teaching Professor;
• Participated in the development and execution of a transformative institutional strategic vision;
• Significant experience in supporting/advocating for pedagogical innovation;
• Demonstrable evidence of academic leadership and ability to collaborate across a university community to advocate for teaching & learning;
• Experience integrating new learning technologies into teaching environments and supporting the adoption of learning technology across an educational unit;
• Experience integrating emerging research on postsecondary education into learning environments;
• An understanding of the curriculum review process;
• Experience effectively managing budgets and colleagues.
The University of Calgary welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified peoples, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and indigenous persons.
To explore this exciting opportunity further, please contact Boyden’s Calgary office at 403-410-6700 or forward your CV and related materials in to firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Calgary’s comprehensive benefits and pension program is designed to promote a productive level of health and well-being to staff members through coverage for health, dental, life insurance, income protection for disability, and retirement income planning. The salary range for this position is $160,000 to $230,000 and will be negotiated based on the candidate’s skills and experience.
To learn about our comprehensive benefits package please visit http://www.ucalgary.ca/hr/academic_benefits_pension
Apply for Vice-Provost (Teaching and Learning)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly