Assistant Research Technician
2 days left
- Full Time
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to assist with projects in mammalian synthetic biology. The ideal applicant should be skilled in general molecular biology and cell culture techniques. The candidate must be organized, hard-working and have excellent communication skills.
Job duties will include:
- Molecular biology, including PCR, DNA cloning, and plasmid preparation.
- Cell culture, including general cell culture maintenance, and cell line construction and verification.
- Fluorescence microscopy, including live cell and fixed cell imaging
- Flow cytometry
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or related field
- Biology research lab experience
- Ability to record, interpret and report results with clarity
- Ability to multitask
- Hands-on experience with basic molecular biology techniques, including PCR and restriction enzyme cloning
- Must possess a high level of initiative and the ability to work with little supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Motivation to learn and desire to read primary scientific literature
- Hands-on experience with mammalian tissue culture
- Fluorescence microscopy experience
- Computer programming experience
- Data analysis experience and quantitative skills
Posting Detail Information
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Caltech is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about “EEO is the Law” click here: EEO is the Law
Special Instructions to Applicants