ISP Case Coordinator
Classification Staff Support-Associate Exempt/Overtime Eligible Overtime Eligible Position Information
Posting Number 16609SP Division/Department Human Resources Laboratory Work Location (City, State or Country) Pasadena, Ca. Functional Title ISP Case Coordinator Job Category Parttime Temporary If position is parttime, how many hours per week? 30 If position is temporary, is it less than 3 months? Benefits Eligible? Yes Relocation Available? No Emergency Reporting Designation? Essential Non-Reporting Number of Vacancies 1 Desired Employment Start Date Position End Date (if temporary) 09/29/2017 Anticipated Salary Range Job Summary
ISP provides immigration support for Caltech’s international student community and plans and implements international education programs for the campus.
The ISP Case Coordinator will support the Associate Director and the International Student Advisor of ISP. This position will act as a primary source of information for newly admitted international students through orientation in the early fall.
This position will conduct administrative and data systems tasks to support ISP’s institutional compliance work. This position is responsible for managing the database, including data entry, generating reports and maintaining data integrity.
• Manage orderly communication with incoming international students regarding admissions inquiries.
• Set up new student records when admissions and invitations are received.
• Reconcile Caltech immigration documents reflect accurate admissions and financial data in cooperation with various Student Affairs offices and other Caltech departments.
• Organize logistics for various ISP programs including International Student Orientation.
• Ensures programming details have been addressed, including reserving venues, using department p-card, ordering food and supplies, and program set-up and clean-up.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must have a BA/BS degree.
• Must have a minimum of 3 years of administrative experience.
• Must be able to work independently and effectively.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and possess strong organizational skills.
• Experience working in a college environment and/or a multicultural setting.
Supervisory position? No Posting Detail Information
Posting Open Date 02/24/2017 Posting Close Date Open Until Filled Yes EEO Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Caltech is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about “EEO is the Law” click here: EEO is the Law
Special Instructions to Applicants Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No GED/High School Diploma
- GED/High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Other Professional Degree (e.g., JD or MD)
- * Do you have three years of administrative experience?
- * Are you proficient in Microsoft Office including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook?
Documents Needed to Apply Required Documents
- Cover Letter