Senior Lecturer in Midwifery
Vacancy ID: 17006
Job Location: Gold Coast
Work type: Full-time, part-time (negotiable), continuing (ie. full-time, part-time etc)
Salary range: A remuneration package of up to $142,652 per annum (inclusive of base salary $107,833-124,184 per annum, 17% employer's contribution to superannuation and leave loading)
The University’s School of Health and Human Sciences is seeking to appoint a Senior Lecturer in Midwifery who will work collaboratively with a team of academics to deliver the Bachelor of Midwifery program at the Gold Coast and Coffs Harbour campuses.
The School of Health and Human Sciences provides an exciting and innovative learning environment and works with individuals, families and communities in order to meet their health needs and requirements. The School is distinctive for its multidisciplinary understanding of person-centred care, commitment to the prevention of disease and promotion of healthy lifestyles. The School offers fields of study across a broad range of health-related professions including biomedical science, clinical exercise physiology, diabetes education and management, midwifery, nursing, nutrition, occupational therapy, osteopathy, pedorthics, podiatry, psychology, speech pathology, and sport and exercise science.
The School is based across three campuses (Coffs Harbour, Gold Coast and Lismore). The School supports degrees at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, as well as postgraduate research degrees. An evidence-based approach to education is promoted across the curricula.
The successful applicant will have expertise in teaching, administration, leadership, research and scholarly activity and be expected to maintain professional and clinical currency. The position will play a central role in the delivery of the Bachelor of Midwifery and the successful applicant will undertake a range of activities that may include course coordination, unit coordination, teaching, development of teaching materials and curriculum development. The successful applicant may also supervise research students (undergraduate and postgraduate), contribute to the research profile of the School by actively engaging in research, and contribute to the administration of the School.
The position will be located at the University’s Gold Coast Campus; however the successful applicant may be required to travel between all University campuses, within Australia and internationally in order to undertake their duties.
Required Skills and Experience
- A doctoral qualification in Midwifery or related area, and evidence of current registration with the NMBA/AHPRA.
- Extensive experience, expertise and demonstrated effectiveness in developing and supporting flexible and/or blended course delivery in Midwifery education within a university setting, incorporating contemporary educational technologies to enhance teaching and learning.
- Demonstrated experience in academic administrative functions associated with the delivery of Midwifery or related course /units, including course coordination.
- A track record in scholarship and research as evidenced by publication output, grant application income, and supervision of honours and higher degree research candidates.
- Evidence of regular participation in and contribution to: professional practice, staff development activities, relevant professional bodies, and/or community groups and commitment to regional engagement.
- High level interpersonal skills, including the ability to work within a team, and to communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
- A capacity for adaptability and flexibility in a rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity and a working knowledge of equity and workplace health and safety principles in the workplace.
Closing date: Friday, 24 March 2017 at 9:00am (AEDT)
To view the full position advertisement and details of the application process please click on the APPLY NOW button below where you will be redirected to the Southern Cross University website. The Vacancy ID is 17006.