Post-doctoral Research Associate or Research Fellow - Single Cell Computational Genomics
- 3 year appointment
- Salary range: Level A $67,352 - $91,397 p.a. or Level B $96,210 - $114,250 p.a.
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to 'innovate and inspire' there is no better time to join Western Australia's top University.
The Epigenetics and Genomics Laboratory (Lister lab), at the University of Western, is comprised of molecular, cellular and computational biologists, forming a multi-disciplinary group undertaking a diverse range of (epi)genomics research. We utilize genomic, computational, genetic, molecular, and biochemical approaches to investigate the regulation of genomic information in animal and plant systems.
The laboratory is also a member of the ARC Centre of Excellence in Plant Energy Biology, a nationally funded research centre headquartered at UWA, and a leading plant molecular research centre and focal point of plant sciences in Australia.
About the opportunity
A post-doctoral position is available for a computational biologist to undertake research in the area of plant single cell genomics. The research will involve the analysis of large-scale transcriptomic and epigenomic datasets to investigate plant cell identity and dynamics, with a particular focus on sequencing-based single cell resolution analyses.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Molecular Biology or related discipline.
- Good programming skills in at least one language (e.g. R, Perl, C++, Java) is essential.
- Previous experience in analysis of next generation sequencing data and statistical modeling of high-dimensional data is highly desirable.
- Expertise in regulatory genomics and transcriptomics is very important, and genome scale integrative analysis of experimental datasets is highly desirable (e.g. RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, DNA methylation, chromatin accessibility, sequence analysis). An understanding of the experimental techniques underlying such genomics experiments is advantageous.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
The successful applicant will collaborate closely with experimental biologists in the group, and will lead the computational analysis and interpretation of genomic datasets, in addition to contributing to experimental design and project direction.
Candidates with a background in computational biology/mathematics/statistics and experience in cell biology and advanced high-throughput genomics are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: Monday 27 March 2017
This position is open to international applications.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Please see the position description prior to applying: 316215.pdf
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.
Advertised: 20 Feb 2017 W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 27 Mar 2017 11:55 PM W. Australia Standard Time