Post-doctoral Research Associate or Research Fellow - Plant Synthetic Biology
1 day left
- Full Time
- 3 year appointment
- Salary range: Level A $67,352 - $91,397 p.a. or Level B $96,210 - $114,250 p.a.
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to 'innovate and inspire' there is no better time to join Western Australia's top University.
The Epigenetics and Genomics Laboratory (Lister Lab), at the University of Western Australia, is comprised of molecular, cellular and computational biologists, forming a multi-disciplinary group undertaking a diverse range of (epi)genomics research. We utilize genomic, computational, genetic, molecular, and biochemical approaches to investigate the regulation of genomic information in animal and plant systems.
For some examples of our work in these areas see the following publications in Science (2013), Nature Genetics (2016), and eLife (2016). The lab is also a member of the ARC Centre of Excellence in Plant Energy Biology (PEB), a nationally funded research centre headquartered at UWA, and a leading plant molecular research centre and focal point of plant sciences in Australia.
About the opportunity
A post-doctoral position is available to lead the development of artificial transcriptional regulators and programmable genetic circuits in plants. The research will utilize molecular, genomic, and gene editing techniques to generate synthetic genetic circuits that integrate multiple signals to produce customizable transcriptional outputs.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- PhD in plant molecular biology, biotechnology, genetics or related discipline.
- Expertise in a diverse range of plant molecular, biochemical and genetics techniques.
- Experience with plant transformation, synthetic biology techniques, DNA assembly, genome editing systems (CRISPR-Cas9, TALENs), and modelling of transcriptional regulation would be advantageous.
- Willingness to travel where required
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
As the appointee you will have a PhD in plant molecular biology, biotechnology, genetics or related discipline, and have experience in a diverse range of plant molecular, biochemical and genetics techniques.
Candidates with a background in plant transcriptional regulation, genome editing, or synthetic biology are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: Monday 27 March 2017
This position is open to international applicants.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Please see the position description prior to applying: 316214.pdf
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.
Advertised: 20 Feb 2017 W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 27 Mar 2017 11:55 PM W. Australia Standard Time