Associate Professor Clinical Psychology
Established in 2003, JCUS offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs from JCUA. JCUA is recognized internationally as a leading research university and is ranked in the top 2% of universities in the world (ARWU ranking).
The Singapore campus is the second largest of three main campuses of JCU, which include Townsville and Cairns. The Academic Group in Psychology at JCU Singapore offers APAC (Australian Psychological Accreditation Council) accredited Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours), Master of Psychology (Clinical) and Doctor of Psychology (Clinical Psychology) degrees. Please visit http://www.jcu.edu.sg or http://www.jcu.edu.au for more information.
We are looking for an experienced clinical psychology academic who can add to our existing strength in the area, someone who will contribute strongly to our research and take on a leadership role. The research outputs in the discipline are quite strong and there is good support available for establishing a research program.
The person we are seeking is someone who will make a difference to what we do.
- Provide clinical supervision for intern clinical psychologists undertaking their internal placement at the Psychology Clinic or in external agencies
- Make a contribution to the Academic Group in Psychology through teaching
- Provide research supervision for fourth-year students and Clinical Master and Doctoral students
- Maintain a high level of professional activities including an active research program
- Undertake a leadership role within the discipline and in the campus
- Key Selection Criteria:
- Doctoral level qualification in (Clinical) Psychology
- Registration with Psychology Board of Australia (PBA), evidenced by current registration or previous registration in Australia
- Evidence of quality teaching and clinical supervision of students in psychology at the undergraduate and /or postgraduate level
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relations with colleagues in academic environment and with people from diverse backgrounds
- Research skills in quantitative or qualitative methods and track record of publications in clinical field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Membership (or eligibility for membership) of Australian Psychological Society (APS) and membership (or eligibility for membership) of APS College of Clinical Psychologists
- Registration (or eligibility to register)as a PBA-approved Clinical Supervisor
Dr Denise Dillon, Head of Academic Group – Psychology & Education at firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: +65 67093730
Fulltime continuing position subject to Ministry of Manpower Singapore jurisdiction and a probationary period
Remuneration and conditions:
Attractive package will be negotiated with successful applicant-(including relocation expenses and initial accommodation costs)-commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Candidates should note relatively lower Singapore taxation rates and possibility of annual wage supplement equal to a month’s salary at the end of calendar year.
Associate Professor: SGD128 000 per annum – SGD177 000 per annum
Method of Application
- Applications should provide all of the following:
- up-to-date CV including research record
- full statement of qualifications
- statement systematically addressing the Selection Criteria
- teaching profile and recent teaching evaluations
- completed Summary Application Form
Please state position and reference number applying for in subject header and send application to email@example.com
Closing Date: 22 March 2017
We thank you for your interest and regret we are only able to notify shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right to invite applications or, alternatively, not to make an appointment.
The Singapore campus of James Cook University (registered as James Cook University Pte Ltd in Singapore) is a wholly owned company of James Cook University Australia. The University offers Bachelor & Master Programs in Business, Psychology, Information Technology & Education at the Singapore campus of James Cook University.