Executive Director - Marketing & Communications
Job no: 0031005
Work type: Fixed Term
- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
Salary: Executive contract plus 17% superannuation
The Chancellery is led by the Vice-Chancellor and has a University-wide focus on:
- delivering strategic leadership
- allocating capital according to strategic priorities
- developing and overseeing a business framework that includes appropriate financial and other organisational planning and controls
- ensuring identity or brand is consistent with strategic intent and purpose, and
- overseeing policies and initiatives that develop the academic and professional expertise of University staff members.
The Executive Director, Marketing and Communication is a member of the Engagement portfolio, which sits within the Chancellery.
About the role
The Executive Director, Marketing and Communication will lead, develop and maintain functional excellence for marketing across all areas of the University through key focus on the implementation of a leading-edge Marketing and Communication Strategy whilst building capability of the function.
This multifaceted role encompasses building a strong internal communication capability as well as principal media liaison component. The role is responsible for developing and overseeing the implementation of policies and practices that will allow the University's messages to be appropriately conveyed and reflected in the media as well as national and international constituencies.
For further details relating to this role see the attached position description.
This exciting, dynamic full-time position is available for five years.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline or an equivalent mix of education and significant relevant experience. Postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline is desirable.
- Demonstrated capacity to build and influence strong relationships across a large group of internal senior stakeholders.
- Demonstrated capacity for system wide thinking and creative problem solving.
- Highly strategic, articulate, and collaborative.
- Advanced research skills, proficient at undertaking literature reviews, synthesising perspectives and making recommendations to guide decision making.
- Advanced project management skills, particularly for the design and implementation of policies and programs.
- A sound understanding of university priorities, policies and processes.
- Strong capacity to frame and solve problems with a team and autonomously.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Please DO NOT apply via the University website. We have engaged the consultancy SHK to assist in this recruitment. Enquiries and applications should be directed to:
Andrew Staite, SHK, Tel +61 3 8620 8002, Email Andrew.Staite@shk.com.au
Close date: 27 Mar 2017
(*includes Selection Criteria or Core Accountabilities and Competencies)
Advertised: 22 Feb 2017 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 27 Mar 2017 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time