Research Fellow - College of Arts and Law

Birmingham, West Midlands (GB)
13 Feb 2017
End of advertisement period
31 Mar 2017
Contract Type
Full Time


Birmingham Fellows - 56635
University of Birmingham – College of Arts and Law 
Location: Birmingham
Hours: Full time
Contract type: Permanent 

Starting salary is normally in the range £39,324 to £46,924, with the potential progression once in post to £52,793 a year

Research that takes place at Birmingham impacts the lives of people regionally, nationally and globally. Our academic experts continue to break new ground to address the key challenges facing the world today. To build on and share our success we are looking to recruit up to 40 new Birmingham Fellows across all of our academic disciplines, and within the five Colleges including; The College of Arts and Law.

Our sector-leading Birmingham Fellowship programme offers five years of protected time for high-quality research, allowing outstanding, high potential, early-career researchers of all ages to establish themselves as rounded academics who will go on to excel in their academic discipline across research, teaching and wider citizenship. All Fellowships come with a permanent academic post at the University.

Successful candidates will need to have a PhD in their relevant academic discipline and be able to demonstrate that they have the capability in delivering world class or internationally leading research. 

Candidates must complete the application form (link) and include a full CV and a covering statement detailing how you and your research aligns to the strategic direction of one or more of one of our key research areas.

Internal enquiries can be made to:
College of Arts and Law - Professor Michaela Mahlberg- (+44121 414 8034 or email:

All other general queries can be made to

Closing date: 31 March 2017

Reference:  56635

To download the details of this position and submit an electronic application online please click on the Apply Online button below, please quote Job Reference 56635 in all enquiries.   Alternatively information can be obtained from: