Manager ICT Centre
OFFICE OF THE VICE-CHANCELLOR & PRESIDENT
Information Technology Services
Build a legacy with us!
The University of the South Pacific (USP) is one of two regional universities in the world and is the leading tertiary education provider and research facility in the South Pacific. We are supported by 12 Pacific Island Countries; Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu.
The University of the South Pacific is seeking a Manager for the Japan Pacific ICT Centre. The appointee will be responsible for:
- Developing the Centre into a self-sustaining entity;
- Leading and directing the provision of high quality staff at the ICT Centre into becoming more innovative in order to enhance the utilisation of IT at USP and the region through training and research;
- Streamlining, coordinating and enhancing the operations of the ICT Centre, especially with the Pacific ICT initiatives based at the Centre such as (PiRRC, PacCERT);
- Developing and looking after all properties of the Centre, Multipurpose theatre, incubator, test bed facility and ensuring their utilisation;
- Seeking incubation opportunities for business in the Centre;
- Managing space utilisation of the Centre for profits;
- Project management and marketing activities.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A Master’s degree in ICT or a relevant business discipline and at least 5 years of relevant work experience;
- Be business oriented and have a good knowledge of ICT;
- Good contacts in the ICT policy field in the Pacific, enthusiasm for networking and network building;
- Experience in research and research coordination, capacity building and knowledge of strategic communication in these areas;
- Be innovative, creative and entrepreneurial.
The position is available for a term of 3 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: Band 3 FJ $59, 813 to FJ $ 78, 700 per annum (Inclusive of 15% Gratuity)
In addition to the above benefits, the University contributes 10% of basic salary to an approved superannuation scheme, provides airfare and relocation costs where appropriate.
Enquiries: Mr. Kisione Finau; tel.: (679) 32 32081; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 24 March 2017
How to Apply
Candidates are strongly encouraged to use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Manual applications are no longer accepted.
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.