OFFICE OF THE VICE-PRESIDENT
Regional Campuses and Properties & Facilities, Tuvalu Campus – UCN001
The USP seeks a strong leader to direct and oversee all aspects of the USP Tuvalu Campus including the recruitment and admissions process of students, marketing, budgets, and class scheduling and faculty interests. She/he should have at least 3 years teaching experience in a Higher Education Institute. In addition, the Campus Director is responsible for the effective and timely delivery of courses in the different modes offered; works in developing, directing and administering activities such as continuing and community education and training programmes; and ensuring the continuing viability of all campus activities. The Director is also responsible for staffing, business and financial management of the campus. The appointee will also serve as the on-site chief administrative officer and ensure that established policies and procedures of the university are carried out. In addition, the incumbent will plan, oversee and coordinate capital and operating expenditures and financial systems and provide strong leadership and direction in the generation and development of additional revenue sources.
As the University’s liaison person with the government and as the representative of USP in Tuvalu, she/he is expected to maintain close and amicable links with relevant government departments and ministries and to expedite communication between the Government and the University; liaise closely with the schools, sponsors, donors and other stakeholders, as well as media organisations.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A Master’s degree in one of the following: Education, Management, Business Administration, Human Resources, Sociology, ICT or related field, however, a PhD is preferable;
- At least 5 years of experience in a senior role;
- At least 3 years of teaching experience in a Higher Education Institute.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- 5 – 7 years working experience in the above responsibilities; experience in teaching Commerce related courses at Vocational and Undergraduate levels;
- Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques and tools; high computer literacy, experience and knowledge of distance, flexible and continuing education programmes;
- The ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments;
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial operating principles, practices and procedures within area of business specialty;
- The ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- ability to foster a cooperative work environment; ability to develop financial plans and manage resources;
- Ability to plan, implement, and administer financial information and control systems;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community;
- Knowledge of customer service principles, techniques, systems and standards;
- Employee development and performance management skills;
- Skill in budget preparation and financial management;
- Knowledge of faculty and/or staff hiring procedures; ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements
The appointee should be self-motivated, a team player, change oriented, has strong attention to detail, results focused, committed to the organisation and, a person of integrity.
The position is available for a term of 3 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: An attractive remuneration package is available. (Inclusive of 15% gratuity)
Assistance with relocation will be offered.
Enquiries: Ms. Renuka Singh tel.: (679) 32 31999; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date of applications: 31 March 2017
How to Apply
Candidates are strongly encouraged to use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Manual applications are no longer accepted.
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.