Senior Lecturer in Mathematics
- Tenuarable appointment
- Salary range: Level C $117,857 - $135,900 p.a.
- Plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA), a member of the prestigious Group of Eight research-intensive universities, is ranked amongst the top Australian universities and among the top 100 universities in the world.
We are seeking a Senior Lecturer with an outstanding research track record in the field of Applied Statistics to join the School of Mathematics and Statistics, within the Faculty of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics, on a full-time tenurable appointment at the Crawley campus.
The successful candidate will conduct high quality consulting and high impact research in Statistics and Data Science, contributing to the Faculty's initiative in Engineering for Remote Operations (ERO).
The appointee will be expected to contribute to the consulting activities of the Centre of Applied Statistics, eventually becoming its director, and to build a strong, internationally recognized research program contributing to the existing research groups within the School and the Faculty, particularly in the areas of Applied Statistics and Data Science. Applicants with teaching experience are requested to submit a teaching portfolio as part of their application.
The successful candidate should display a genuine passion and enthusiasm for scholarship, and should exhibit academic leadership and the desire to help coordinate undergraduate and postgraduate teaching.
As a world top 100 University we have the infrastructure, resources and industry connections required to provide extensive opportunities to produce collaborative world class research.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- A PhD in a relevant field.
- Teaching and learning expertise in the discipline of Applied Statistics and Data Science.
- Track record in course development, engaging active learning techniques, and successful student evaluation (relative to opportunity).
- Research expertise in an area of Applied Statistics and Data Science supportive of the Faculty's initiatives.
- Track record of publication in peer-reviewed international journals and grant writing success (relative to opportunity).
- Experience in research collaboration between academia and industry will be considered favorably.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: Friday 31 March 2017
This position is open to international applicants.
Benefits include generous superannuation, leave provisions and a relocation allowance (if applicable). These and other benefits will be specified in the offer of employment.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
*Please address your cover letter "To whom it may concern"
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.