Examiner for Scandinavian languages
The International Baccalaureate® (IB) is currently seeking to make the appointment of:
Examiners for Scandinavian languages (multiple vacancies)
We are seeking to recruit examiners for our Danish, Finnish, Norwegian and Swedish Literature courses as well as Danish, Finnish, Norwegian and Swedish as a second language courses in our Diploma Programme (DP). Our examiners mark externally assessed work or moderate internally assessed components (reviewing the original marking of teachers) and are paid a fee per script marked. All marking takes place online, from the convenience of home and is a part-time, seasonal activity.
Applicants must have:
- fluency in the language for which they are applying
- a minimum of one year’s ongoing experience teaching the subject to students aged 15 or above for DP
- academic qualifications in the subject at an appropriate level
- availability during the assessment period in order to complete marking (April-May or May-June)
- reliable broadband internet connection in an environment that is suitable for marking examination material.
The greatest benefit to an examiner comes from the insight and the professional development that is acquired through the experience of examining. This experience helps teachers to improve the quality of their teaching.
For more information and to apply, please visit: