Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor in Aviation
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Aviation is the leading aviation school in Australia. The School teaches the Bachelor of Aviation (with Management and Flying Programs), Postgraduate Coursework Programs in Aviation Management, and Graduate Diplomas in Flying and in Advanced Flying, as well as supervising higher degree students. At the Flying Operations Unit at Bankstown Airport, the School delivers flying training and professional CASA related theory courses. Research in the School covers the broad areas of aviation operational management and aviation and transport safety. The School aspires to be one of the leading aviation schools in the world and to contribute to leadership in the aviation industry, and the economic prosperity of the nation.
About the role
- The position is available at one of two levels
- Academic Level B (Lecturer) or Level C (Senior Lecturer) (depending on experience)
- Level B - $100,024 - $117,914(plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Level C - $121,488 - $139,380 (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Tenure Track Appointment (5 years initially)
The School of Aviation at UNSW is seeking high quality candidates for one academic position. Successful applicants will be expected to lead a prosperous, self-funded research group carrying out cutting edge research in (preferably, but not limited to) the disciplines of aviation operational management or aviation safety. This position will also deliver high quality undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in the same areas.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- A PhD specialising in aviation or a cognate discipline
- A high quality track record of post-doctoral research
- Experience or potential in undergraduate teaching and supervision of postgraduate students
Additional criteria apply for a Level C appointment as detailed in the position description.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed. To apply, please include the following documents (please attach as one PDF document) :
- A cover letter which systematically addresses the selection criteria
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A 4 page proposal of your future research plans
- A 1 page statement of your teaching philosophy and experience
- Contacts for 3 referees
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality and diversity in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff.
We strongly encourage female applicants and actively support women to succeed through specific Faculty and UNSW initiatives including generous parental leave provisions and flexible work practices.
Professor Jason Middleton, Head of School
T: (61 2) 9385 6767
Applications close: 31 March 2017 (AEDT)