Finance Teacher, Business Diploma
Do you have a passion for teaching finance? Do you have expertise in the finance industry?
We are looking for an energetic and passionate Teacher to deliver our introductory finance unit, Fundamentals of Finance. This unit is designed for students intending to pursue degree studies in a business related field. Areas of study within the unit include: the role of finance in the economy and in institutions, financial choices and decisions, applications of finance, and; money and markets. You may also teach in other business disciplines according to your skills and expertise.
You will be responsible for the delivery of high quality teaching and learning to our international students who are transitioning into Monash University.
Your role will involve:
- flexible teaching practices including blended learning models of delivery and best use of technology in the classroom
- active participation in assessment, exam marking and moderation
- supporting students’ to achieve their academic goals
- use of learning analytics to better improve learning outcomes.
- participation in professional learning activities focusing on continued development in learning and teaching (this may necessitate the completion of a formal education qualification)
To be successful in the role, you will possess:
- a relevant tertiary qualification in the finance discipline
- professional experience in the finance industry and knowledge of current methods, practices and developments.
- solid knowledge and experience using innovative approaches to teaching and learning, curriculum and assessment.
- a teaching qualification (preferred) or strong commitment to relevant professional learning activities.
- experienced and willingness to teach units in other business disciplines e.g. accounting (preferred), economics or mathematics
Monash College is the preferred pathway to Monash University for international students. For over 20 years we have been leaders in our field, preparing the next generation of global professionals to succeed at university and in their careers.
At Monash College Diplomas, we offer a guaranteed pathway into bachelor courses at Monash University. We have five diplomas leading to degrees in Arts, Art and Design and Architecture, Business, Engineering, Information Technology and Science. All students who achieve the required grade are offered a place at Monash University with full credit into the second year of their degree studies. Our programs adhere to strict educational benchmarks in teaching and innovation. Delivered by qualified, experienced and supportive teachers, students gain confidence in the independent learning and critical thinking styles expected at Monash University.
Salary: $65,989 to $94,541 (dependent on skills and experience) plus 17% superannuation
Contract: 3 year full-time fixed term contract
Enquiries: Glenda Marten, HR Adviser on 9905 0820 or Shona Littlepage, Senior HR Business Partner on 9902 4064
Apply online: to obtain a copy of the position description and submit your application including a cover letter, responses to the selection criteria and a resume, please visit monashcollege.edu.au/careers
Closing date: 15 December 2016