Client Services Officer
7 days left
- Full Time
The Client Services Officer is an integral part of the Academic Administration team embedded in the assigned Faculty or Institute within the overarching Hub structure, and is also a key member of the broader Student Services stream within the Student Experience portfolio. The position is responsible for the provision of administrative services to staff and students of the assigned area.
In the role you will:
- As a key member of Academic Administration team, the role has specific responsibilities for assisting in the interpretation and implementation of academic administration activities in accordance with University priorities, policies and procedures, and timelines. The role is responsible for providing a welcoming environment and responding professionally and effectively to enquiries and appointments presenting at the service access point. This includes conducting an assessment of student/client needs and responding accordingly, and/or referring more complex enquiries to the Faculty Officers, specialist student services staff or other University staff as appropriate.
- Provide general advice and guidance relating to key aspects of the student lifecycle, this includes, but is not limited to, general advice and guidance in the areas of: admission; enrolment; progression; advanced standing; articulation; graduation; scholarships, awards and prizes; special programs; student recruitment, engagement and transition activities; and complaints/appeals.
- Assist and provide support to Faculty Officers/Manager, Academic Administration with administering key aspects of the student lifecycle as required and/or appropriate, including: assessing and approving enrolments and variations of enrolments via SM and/or other University student management systems; process student applications relating to cross-institutional studies, internal credit transfers, and/or leave of absence requests; proactively communicate with students and attend to enquiries generated from these processes; assist with bulk mail outs (including hardcopy or via email); and contribute to the development of print materials and students resources such as course planners and fact sheets, and maintain information screens and displays.
You will be employed on a full-time, fixed-term basis, ending 1 May 2017.
To be considered, you will have:
- Completion of a Certificate III with extensive relevant work experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to operate a front-line service point, with a commitment to providing a high level of service, preferably within a tertiary education institution or similar organisation.
- Good oral, written and interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a diverse range of people and organisations with proven high level problem solving ability.
- Demonstrated organisational skills, and the ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines, and refer to relevant staff where appropriate, with the ability to use discretion, initiative and judgement, particularly when dealing with matters of a confidential nature
- Highly developed skills and experience with information management systems and software including email, internet, word-processing, spreadsheets and databases, combined with the capacity to acquire an understanding of new technologies as required
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 4 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $69,608 comprising base salary within the range of $59,137 to $ 63,569 plus 9.5% superannuation.
For further information about this position please contact Peter Brookes, Manager, Academic Administration - Student Services, Peter.Brookes@utas.edu.au / 03 6324 3563.
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position/selection criteria.
Applications close Monday, 12 December 2016.