Alumni Relations Officer, Medical and Health Sciences
- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- (HEO6) $73,122 - $79,173 per annum
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
External Relations comprises two units: Advancement and Partnerships & Corporate Relations. The branch has been created to develop and foster partnerships and links with business, government, alumni, donors and the community and to optimise the effectiveness and efficiency of engagement activities, including communications, within one portfolio.
This role is responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating a program of alumni engagement in support of the University's strategic objectives and more specifically Faculty and School business plans.
Working under general direction, this position will support the strategic priorities of the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences Alumni program through the delivery of tailored events and communication programs that increase alumni engagement and participation, and promote philanthropic support.
Salary: (HEO6) $73,122 - $79,173 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position: This continuing position is available immediately.
To be successful you should have:
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills and experience in support of organisational goals.
- Highly developed and effective interpersonal, communication, writing and organisational skills, including attention to detail, discretion and sound judgement.
- A flair for marketing/communications with experience in drafting and implementing public
relations/marketing/media campaigns and a strong understanding of emerging trends in digital communication.
- Demonstrated experience in project and event management.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, contributing to team values and organisational objectives.
- Knowledge and/or understanding of working within a large complex organisation such as a University (desirable).
- Knowledge and/or understanding of the principles of alumni relations (desirable).
Please address and upload your responses to the 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, contact Lisa Taplin, Manager, Alumni Relations, telephone: 8313 0019 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To obtain a copy of the Position Description, please visit the University of Adelaide Job opportunities page via this link: http://careers.adelaide.edu.au/cw/en/listing/
Closing date: 18 December 2016
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.