Academic in Civil Engineering
SALARY RANGE: $43.08 - $180.02 per hour (Casual Rates)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Casual
LOCATION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
Expressions of interest are sought from interested candidates to be considered for sessional teaching opportunities in Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours) course at the Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus.
This will include:
- Teaching in the area of civil engineering at the undergraduate level that is consistent with the University's principles of teaching, learning and the student experience both in the Cloud campus mode and Physical campus mode (Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus).
- Developing learning environments that are flexible, student-centred and accessible, utilising appropriate technology.
- Undertaking appropriate administrative and other teaching related tasks.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hon) degree in a relevant field or equivalent qualification and experience and a minimum of five years relevant work experience, or
- A Masters or PhD in a relevant field and a minimum of two years teaching experience at undergraduate students in relevant subject area
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Professor Carol Boyle, firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone +613 5247 9356
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 4 January, 2017
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.