2 days left
- Full Time
Faculty / Portfolio:
Chief Operating Officer and Senior Vice-President
Office of the General Counsel
$108,469 - $115,133 pa HEW Level 09
(plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Join the world's elite 100 universities
- Experience the freedom to transform your career
- Challenge yourself in a dynamic role
If you're ready to take a bold step towards excelling your career, Monash University can help make it happen. With leading academics and world-class resources, combined with a ranking in the top 100 universities worldwide, we offer all you need to build a brighter future.
An opportunity exists for a Senior Lawyer, with significant post-admission experience, to work with the other lawyers in the Office of the General Counsel (OGC) to provide legal services for the University.
In this role, you will be providing expert advice to management, senior stakeholders and University staff on issues related to administrative law. Your focus will be providing legal advice and support regarding the University's student exclusion, discipline and grievance processes.
To be successful in this role, you will be a qualified legal practitioner with significant post-admission experience, either practising or entitled to practise in Victoria.
In addition, you will have:
- demonstrated expertise in administrative law, and its application in an education environment
- extensive experience in a general/commercial legal practice
- a strong technical background in using and interpreting legislation
- proven ability to prioritise and manage multiple legal matters simultaneously and effectively manage your workload in a timely manner
- exceptional relationship management and communication skills, including the ability to interact, advise, influence and negotiate cogently at senior levels
- demonstrated ability to work autonomously and also collaboratively in a team environment.
If you are highly motivated and would enjoy being part of a supportive team of professional staff, we encourage you to apply now.
This role is a full-time position.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash Jobs"
Ms Susan Harris, Associate General Counsel, 03 9902 4375
Sunday 11 December 2016, 11:55pm AEDT