Site Security Officer
Site Security Officer in the Site Management Building Department.
As Site Security Officer you will join the Site Management Building Department, which provides and maintains the buildings and underground civil engineering works on the Organization's sites as well as the necessary logistic services. Among its activities, the Department is responsible for providing and maintaining the infrastructure and services needed to ensure the security of any person entering the domains of the Organization, their properties and the properties of the Organization.
Under the general supervision of the Head of Site Security, you will provide support in all aspects of security.
- Participate in the implementation of the Organisation`s security strategy.
- Monitor the Organisation's security policy, including management of access rights to the site.
- Oversee special security arrangements for VIP visits.
- Work closely with other services inside the Organization (e.g. Health, Safety & Environment Unit, Fire Brigade, Legal Service, Internal Audit, Technical Services) and outside, interacting with public authorities where appropriate and in coordination with the service in charge of the Relations with the Host States.
- Deal with incidents on the CERN sites: conduct an analysis of security incidents, collect evidence in our possession to facilitate investigations, and propose corrective measures.
- Develop and implement evacuation plans for security issues.
- Follow up and manage the contracts related to site security and surveillance, including quality assurance, audit, as well as operational and business continuity plans.
- Act as deputy for the Head of Site Security.
Bachelors in the field of site security or a related field, or equivalent.*
*Please note that preference will be given to candidates with the above-mentioned qualifications: In principle consideration will not be given to applications from people with higher qualifications.
Experience and competencies
The experience required for this post is:
- Proven experience in the national security and/or private sector.
- Experience in security management or security services in a large industrial site or an international organization.
- International experience will be an asset.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Information analysis.
- Public relations.
- Quality management.
- Organisation, planning and control.
The behavioural competencies required for this post are:
- Managing self: keeping emotions in check when dealing with contentious issues; maintaining a positive outlook even in difficult situations; demonstrating resilience and persistence in response to setbacks and adversity.
- Achieving results: delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations; delivering prompt and efficient service taking into account customer needs.
- Communicating effectively: expressing opinions, ideas and suggestions with conviction and in a logical/structured manner; keeping to the point; listening actively to others and letting others speak; selecting the appropriate medium and forum to communicate.
- Learning and sharing knowledge: keeping up-to-date with developments in own field of expertise and readily absorbing new information; sharing knowledge and expertise freely and willingly with others; coaching others to ensure knowledge transfer.
The language competencies required are:
- Spoken and written English or French: ability to understand and speak the other language in routine situations.
Eligibility and closing date
Employing a diverse and international workforce is a CERN core value and central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States irrespective of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or personal situation.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 05.01.2017.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
Note on Employment Conditions
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry. Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Participation in a regular stand-by duty, including nights, Sundays and public holidays.
- Residence in the immediate vicinity of the Organization's installations.
- A valid driving licence.
- Stand-by duty, when required by the needs of the Organization.
Professional Code / Code Professionnel
SMBCareer Path / Filière de Carrière
Grade 4 or 5