Program Lead in Design
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University (Melbourne, Australia), has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries. RMIT Vietnam's focus is around three main goals; growth in student numbers, quality of programs, staffing and infrastructure, and differentiation in the way that it teaches digital engagement, fostering industry relationships and providing international opportunities.
All degree programs are recognised by the Vietnamese Ministry of Education and Training (MOET) and are subject to regulation by the Australian Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA). RMIT Vietnam is an English speaking university.
We have recently reviewed the structure of our Centre of Communication & Design, to ensure operational efficiency, refine our program offerings, and improve the experience of both students and employees.
As a consequence, we have created several new roles and are now looking for suitably qualified senior academics to join us.
PROGRAM LEAD, DESIGN
The Program Lead is responsible for the leadership, direction and management of an assigned academic program in the Centre of Communication & Design. The Program Lead will work with the Head of Department and Head of Centre to integrate activities within their designated program to meet the needs of students, staff, and industry, and to ensure a consistent level of academic leadership is delivered across the program under their lead. They will also contribute to the strategic direction of the Centre by working collaboratively with other members of the Centre's Management Team and promoting their program through marketing and commercial activities.
The scope of responsibilities includes academic management at a program level including, timetabling, staff work plans, quality assurance, student experience, human resource liaison, assisting with program budgeting and resource requirements. The Program Lead will have direct line management of staff in their program area.
The Program Lead will also fulfil the requirements of a Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor, in accordance with the Academic Expectations framework.
- In accordance with our Academic Expectations Framework, all Academic employees must hold a relevant PhD to be appointed.
- Your appointment, title, and salary will depend on your skills, level of experience, and research contributions.
- Appointment and promotion processes align with RMIT University globally.
- To meet Ministry of Education and Training (MOET) requirements, all non-Vietnamese academic candidates must have at least 5 years relevant experience, teaching in a University environment.
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (or equivalent).
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.
TO FIND OUT MORE
Please visit our jobs website (www.rmit.edu.vn/jobs) to read more about the roles, including detailed information on the requirements, benefits, and our recruitment process.
More jobs like this
- £40,001 - £50,000 Fixed Term Architecture Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Vietnam
- £40,001 - £50,000 Fixed Term Art, Performing Arts & Design Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Vietnam
- £40,001 - £50,000 Fixed Term Arts & Humanities Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Vietnam