Associate Director, Financial Compliance and Business Services
6 days left
- Full Time
Expression of Interest
- 5 year appointment
- Management leading role
- Level 10 Grade 3
The University is restructuring its academic units to result in the creation of four new strategic level Faculties; and is implementing a new model for the delivery of professional services to support the academic mission of the University.
Finance supports the mission of the University by providing a high quality, end-to end, flexible and responsive financial management and advisory service including provision of corporate financial services.
As the Associate Director, Financial Compliance and Business Services you will provide a high quality financial management and advisory service that drives the efficient and effective performance of the Financial Compliance and Business Services team incorporating Strategic Procurement, Transactional Services and Financial Applications.
The successful appointee will take a lead role in the implementation and development of financial strategies and processes, be responsible for statutory and financial accounting ensuring the timely and accurate preparation of financial reports, and the ongoing enhancement of financial applications, transactional services and the continuation of the Procurement Strategic Plan.
This is a challenging and dynamic role for a highly motivated finance professional. If this is of interest to you, please follow the link to express your interest.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- A degree or other tertiary qualification in accounting or a related discipline with substantial experience in financial management.
- Full professional member of a recognised Australian or International equivalent accounting body.
- High level experience in cash management, treasury, investment and funds management.
- Ability to contribute to long term planning and key strategic direction.
- High level experience in reviewing, developing and/or improving financial management systems, and policies and procedures relating to finance and staff resources.
- Proven record of successful leadership and management of a large group of people providing financial management services in a large organisation.
- High level experience in providing strategic and operational advice to senior management and boards or committees on a wide range of financial matters including presenting business cases, leading major projects and achieving significant planned outcomes.
Closing Date: Thursday 15 December 2016
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Applications must be submitted online.
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.