Academic/Program Coordinator (Health)
Edith Cowan College
Joondalup, WA; full-time ongoing with immediate start
Navitas is a diversified global education provider that offers an extensive range of educational services for students and professionals including university programs, English language training and settlement services, creative media education, workforce education and student recruitment.
Navitas, or PIBT as it was then, was founded in 1994 with the goal of helping more international students succeed at university in Australia via improved student support and an extended academic year. Since this time Navitas has significantly expanded the services it offers its students and clients and is now creating opportunities through lifelong learning for over 83,000 people in 23 countries per year.
Under a new joint venture between Navitas and ECU, the Perth Institute of Business and Technology (PIBT) has become Edith Cowan College (ECC). It will continue to provide English language, pre-university, international study tours and university pathway programs to international and domestic students on the Joondalup and Mount Lawley Campuses.
Reporting to the Academic Director, this new role is responsible for the academic leadership, management and oversight of the health academic programs. This includes all aspects of academic quality, both in discipline-specific knowledge skills and attributes, and pedagogy as is appropriate to a Pathway student.
Excellent planning and organisation skills are required to ensure coherent design, development and alignment of both the learning activities and assessments with the course learning outcomes, together with the management of delivery and assessment. This position also has a teaching role, and is responsible for both academic staff management and student advice.
As an Academic/Program Coordinator (Health), you will need to demonstrate expertise, and take a leading role for the college in one, or more, of the following learning and teaching areas: 1) pedagogy/instructional design; 2) English language proficiency; 3) technology enabled learning and teaching; and 4) employability skills.
We are seeking a proactive, flexible, motivated, solution focused and influential individual to be a part of our Academic team. You need to demonstrate a passion and drive for learning and teaching through the delivery of an enhanced student experience leading to successful student outcomes.
Essential skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications at the postgraduate level in a relevant discipline area
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience in the delivery of high quality teaching and curriculum development at the tertiary education level
- Demonstrated experience in contributing to the development of scholarly and innovative approaches to teaching and learning
- Demonstrated ability to engage students in learning activities
- Demonstrated high level of written and oral communication skills
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with academic and administrative staff and students
- Demonstrated evidence of leadership in teaching and/or curriculum design, development, delivery
- Demonstrated computer literacy relevant to the role, including competency with the MS Office suite
- Experience working in a multicultural education environment
- Knowledge of undergraduate programs at tertiary level
What we offer
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate. The Navitas Group offers outstanding long-term career opportunities within Australia and abroad, and is values driven and an equal opportunity employer.
Applications, including resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the position, should be sent to Alison Hiscox, Academic Director. Applications close on Wednesday 7 December 2016 at 9am. Please send enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks, which may include a National Police Check and/or a Working with Children Check.