Open Day Coordinator
5 days left
- Full Time
HEW 6, $69,675 - $75,417 per annum plus 17% employer superannuation contribution. This is a Full Time ( 36.75 hours per week) Continuing contract.
- Make a positive impact on the lives of our students
- Showcase your exceptional organisational and communication skills
- Located at our Footscray Park campus, 10 minutes from the CBD
About the Role
Open Day is Victoria University’s (VU) largest annual student recruitment event, involving representatives from across the entire university community and attracting close to 5000 attendees. Sitting within the Marketing and Future Students team, the role works alongside marketing and recruitment specialists in attracting prospective domestic students to study at VU. Part of this work is conducted at major expos across the state, as well as via the Open Day. The Open Day Coordinator manages the execution of this event in conjunction with the Event Services team, as well as managing VU’s presence at commercial events across the state.
About the Person
You will be experienced in event management and will have excellent communication skills and commitment to superior customer service. You will possess a high level of organisational skills and be able to work under pressure and to deadline. Working well within a small team, you will also be required to independently manage your own projects, under the guidance of the Manager of Future Students. The role requires a large amount of public speaking, managing working groups and committees and engaging with and building relationships with key stakeholders across the University.
An example of duties you may perform will include:
- Project manage, report on and evaluate Open Day, the largest University wide event on VU’s student recruitment calendar.
- Manage VU’s presence at key recruitment expos across Victoria
- Develop relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, including academic staff, members of university management and external contractors
Skills & Expertise
A full list of selection criteria is available in the Position Description
- A degree or substantial relevant experience in event management
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills, and the ability to present to large groups of people
- Well-developed event management and organisational skills
- A current Victorian driver's license
- Salary sacrifice options
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Paid study leave
- On-site gym, parking and more!
How to apply:
For a Position Description and to submit an application please visit our website www.vu.edu.au/jobs