Lecturer in Science
Functional Unit:School of Science QLD
Work Type:Continuing full time
- Teach chemistry and biochemistry
- Contribute to curriculum development and course administration
- Full-time continuing position based at the McAuley campus at Banyo
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 1,800 staff supporting more than 30,000 students across seven campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The School of Science operates on each campus of the University. The School provides service teaching to the health professional schools of the Faculty and hosts a Bachelor of Biomedical Science and a Bachelor of Science.
In this teaching focused position you will:
- deliver large and small group teaching of science content, including the conduct of lectures, tutorials, workshops and practical classes
- undertake scholarship of teaching in the area of sciences and implement continuous improvement principles in teaching
- teach undergraduate and postgraduate levels as appropriate, including contributing to the core curriculum
- undertake appropriate administrative duties related to unit and course administration.
You will need to demonstrate:
- a PhD degree in chemistry or related relevant fields or equivalent
- previous experience teaching tertiary students in relevant subject areas in theoretical and/or practical classes
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- Experience working with groups of students with a range of abilities and from diverse backgrounds and evidence of commitment to a student centered approach.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description Lecturer in Science - Brisbane.pdf. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $110,847 - $130,747 pa, including salary component $93,667 - $110,590 pa (Academic Classification Level B), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Dr Christian Cobbold, Deputy Head of School of Science QLD by email to email@example.com or phone on 07 3861 6160.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Wednesday, 4 January 2017
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Advertised: 28 Nov 2016 E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 4 Jan 2016 E. Australia Standard Time