Executive Officer - The University of Newcastle Research Associates
The University of Newcastle Research Associates Limited (TUNRA), a subsidiary of the University of Newcastle (UON), represents an important part of UON's overall strategy of leveraging University capability and assets to create additional value for UON. TUNRA engage directly with industry and government to provide research services that contribute further to the UON's research and innovation objectives.
TUNRA provides a robust and responsive customer service environment supported by a flexible operating model that is capable of supporting additional opportunities for UON to leverage assets and resources and consider new services and new markets to deliver greater benefit to industry.
About the opportunity
As TUNRA's Executive Officer you will provide high level project, administrative and personal support to the General Manager in a confidential environment that contributes to the efficient management of the office, including the successful implementation of projects, systems and procedures. You will work with the General Manager, the TUNRA team and individual business units to identify, develop and execute strategies that support research and research education in alignment with business unit objectives. Key responsibilities include:
- Contributing to the development, periodic monitoring and successful implementation of the TUNRA Business Plan.
- Preparing briefings and reports, and effectively communicating complex issues that have the potential to have a significant impact on TUNRA's business model and its alignment with UON's strategic priorities.
- Providing high level administrative and office management support including the organisation of meetings appropriate records and information management.
- Supporting the planning, assessment, approval and implementation of new business projects in conjunction with identified subject matter experts.
- Building and developing relationships with key stakeholders and their support staff within and outside TUNRA, ensuring effective communication and collaboration.
This position is offered on a full-time, continuing basis, based in the NIER precinct at UON's Callaghan campus.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications with subsequent relevant experience; or extensive experience and specialist expertise or broad knowledge of strategic or administrative fields; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrable capacity to deliver confidential and outstanding professional and project support in a complex environment whilst exercising judgement and discretion.
- A strong track record in successfully managing a range of competing projects and priorities, applying initiative and resolving complex issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an awareness of the importance of relationship building and engaging professional interpersonal, influencing, negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and bring together people from different areas to participate in business initiatives.
Please note: Your application will be assessed on the selection criteria found at the link below. It is essential that you address each of the criteria to enable the selection committee to properly assess your application and suitability for interview.
Applications close: Wednesday, 14 December 2016