International Development Manager
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
The Faculty of Science is the fifth largest in terms of student enrolments and the largest in terms of research revenue of the seven faculties at UTS.
The Faculty is currently recruiting an International Development Manager to develop, promote and support the Faculty’s international profile in a highly competitive environment with an emphasis on increasing the number of international students.
You will also identify opportunities and provide support to the Associate Dean on strategies to increase international student numbers, student mobility and collaborative strategic international relationships.
- Develop, implement and manage projects that will enhance the Faculty’s international profile and help achieve the internationalisation research and training objectives of the Faculty.
- Identify strategic and innovative opportunities and provide strategic advice to the Associate Dean (I&EE) in areas related to international engagement with the Faculty.
- Review current internationalisation policies and provide strategic advice on the effectiveness of current strategies.
- Develop and maintain a strong network of company and alumni contacts that can be utilized for international activities as required.
- Participate in selective strategic onshore and offshore international student recruitment and mobility events.
Main skills/experience required:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity that demonstrates the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels and with a variety of cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge of higher education policies and how they relate to international student recruitment activities
- Extensive experience in tertiary education sector and familiarity with current issues relevant to the higher education sector, both locally and internationally.
- Extensive management experience, including the ability to prioritise, plan and develop appropriate workflow procedures, project management skills, the ability to meet deadlines and maximise results from limited resources.
Salary Range: $94,978 to $108,170 pa (HEW 8)
The university offers 17% superannuation.
This appointment will be on a continuing full-time basis.
How To Apply
Please click on the apply button to be taken to the advertisement on our careers page where you will find links with instructions on how to apply and the full position description.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Closing Date: Tuesday 13th December 2016 at 11.59pm (AEST)