Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Defence Leadership and Management
Cranfield Defence and Security
Centre for Defence Management and Leadership
Lecturer/Senior Lecturers in Defence Leadership and Management
Lecturer: Salary Level 6 – range £41,153 to £45,872 per annum (with additional performance related pay up to £57,340 per annum)
Senior Lecturer: Salary Level 7 – range £50,507 to £56,295 per annum (with additional performance related pay up to £70,367 per annum)
Cranfield University’s School of Defence and Security (CDS) is undergoing exciting strategic change with growth opportunities for academic staff. We run programmes world-wide and are thought leaders in management and leadership in the wider defence and security sector.
Our four posts in the Centre for Defence Management and Leadership (CDML) offer challenging and stimulating opportunities for academics with a social sciences background in the following areas:
• Organisation Psychology/Behaviour
• Thinking Skills and Critical Thinking
• Leadership and Change Management
• Security Sector Management
• Strategic Management, Policy, Policy Reform and Governance
• Human Resource Management
You will be expected to:
• Design and develop modules, short courses and Masters programmes
• Teach and examine courses in leadership and other management subjects
• Contribute to the international teaching commitments of the Centre
• Support and mentor students to successful completion of their studies
• Plan and carry out research and analysis in a specific field
• Demonstrate and maintain research activity of high reputation in the UK and abroad
• Publish papers in key journals and deliver papers at conferences
• Supervise post-graduate students’ dissertations and theses in relevant research topics
In addition, a Senior Lecturer will provide leadership within the Centre by providing advice and guidance to colleagues, through mentoring and by acting as a role model.
You will have a PhD (or nearing completion); appropriate teaching experience within the leadership, organisation psychology/behaviour fields or political science field; experience of teaching adults and readiness to gain PGCE (or equivalent) within 24 months of appointment and work experience within the defence sector or wider security sectors of the UK or an allied state.
Knowledge of the defence and security sectors, their priorities and practices along with a track record of high quality research publications is essential.
Applicants for the Senior Lecturer role must have a teaching qualification (PGCE or equivalent) and/or Membership of Higher Education Academy and the ability to undertake original research and lead a small team.
Apply online now at www.cranfield.ac.uk/hr or contact us for further details at E: firstname.lastname@example.org or on T: +44 (0)1793 785207. Please quote reference number 2324.
Closing date for applications: 31 December 2016
Date for interviews: 27 January 2017